Ginger-Turmeric-Cayenne Pepper Drink
At first, the mixture of ginger, turmeric, and cayenne pepper may seem a bit odd. Nevertheless, it tastes really good. Above all, drink it in moderation, especially if you can’t have enough of aromatic and spicy drinks.
Ok, but why mix these three ingredients in one drink? Mainly because they all contain antioxidants, which are substances that support the health of your entire body and reduce the impact of oxidative stress.
In regard to this, experts of the Heart Foundation would like for the public to know the following:
“Their presence in food is essential not only because they activate the natural organoleptic properties, preserving them, but because they protect the health in a comprehensive and effective way when ingested.”
Let’s review each one of these ingredients below.
Ginger-turmeric-cayenne pepper is a healthy combination
Turmeric is a spice with a particular taste that, according to some hypotheses, has anti-inflammatory potential – due to its curcumin content – and antioxidant.
Cayenne pepper is a hot spice used in a wide variety of recipes and also in popular remedies. It’s characterized by its high content of capsaicin, a substance that, in addition to providing flavor, also gives it antibiotic, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties.
Also, it contains piperine, a substance that increases the secretion of digestive juices (gastric, pancreatic, intestinal), and improves the digestion of food.
Ginger is an aromatic root, which goes well in different preparations and has proven digestive, analgesic, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties. Gingerol, its active compound, gives it its characteristic spicy touch and provides its anti-inflammatory properties.
Ginger-turmeric-cayenne pepper drink
Follow this recipe to make this drink. Keep in mind you can modify it according to your personal preferences. For instance, you can add more or less ginger, turmeric, or cayenne pepper.
- 4 limes
- 2 pints of water
- Honey (optional)
- 2 pieces of fresh ginger
- Cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 2 tsp of turmeric powder
- Juice the ginger and then mix it with the juice of three limes
- Then, mix it with the water and add the turmeric, cayenne pepper, and the remaining lime slices
- Stir everything with a wooden spoon and sweeten with a little honey (in moderation)
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before serving
How to drink it
- You can serve it hot and cold
- Serve it after you finish making it and whenever you want: along with a meal, a snack, or just by itself
- Some people drink it in the morning before exercising
- Although there is no evidence that consuming this drink on an empty stomach is particularly beneficial to your health, some people do when their goal is to adopt a healthier lifestyle and lose weight
Check out Foods that burn fat
Drink it as a complement
Keep in mind that this drink isn’t a cure for any type of discomfort or disease. It’s simply a natural supplement you can include in a healthy lifestyle — always in moderation.
Given that these spices are contraindicated in some cases, you must first inform yourself well before adding them to your regular diet.
If it’s contraindicated in your case, the best course of action is to look for an alternative that’s better suited for your personal needs.
Finally, don’t add too much honey, sugar, or other sweeteners, as it’ll significantly increase the calories of this drink.It might interest you...