How to Remove Wrinkles Under Your Eyes
Collagen and elastin are protein fibers in the skin cells that make them stronger and more elastic. These fibers create a network that allows young and healthy skin – which contains lots of collagen – to quickly and easily recover.
Collagen and elastin production decreases as time goes by, meaning your skin gets thinner and is less able to renew itself. Sun exposure also contributes to this problem. The area under the eyes is especially vulnerable to sun damage because this thin skin is directly or indirectly exposed to the sun.
Read more here: What Face Wrinkles Mean and How to Prevent Them
You may not have known that wrinkles under your eyes are mainly a product of genetics. Although there is little that you can do to change your innate wrinkle heritage, you can follow a few particular habits to significantly remove the wrinkles under your eyes.
Read all about them here!
Tips and remedies to remove wrinkles under your eyes
1. Egg whites
Egg whites are known for helping to stretch out the skin. They tense up our loose skin and are therefore very useful when it comes to getting rid of wrinkles.
Avocados have always been recognized as a very healthy food because they’re rich in vitamin E. This vitamin stimulates collagen production, which helps the skin to fight off the effects of aging. It may also help with issues such as dermatitis and pimples.
A good avocado mask may help moisturize the skin around your eyes and give it the fatty acids it needs to thrive. Over time, you’ll realize that vitamins B and E can help give you your beautiful, young skin back.
Cucumbers may help remove wrinkles because they’re 96% water and contain vitamin C, vitamin E, and several essential oils.
The best option is to apply a bit of their juice (cucumber slices will also work) to the wrinkly area. This may help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, get rid of the bags under your eyes, and refresh your tired or swollen eyes.
4. A good night’s sleep
It’s very important to get a good night’s sleep. When you deprive yourself of sleep, it has serious consequences that are almost immediate, including bags under your eyes and dry, wrinkly skin.
5. Drink plenty of water to help remove wrinkles
Remember that this is a really important part of staying hydrated, both in terms of your body and your skin. You can also use a moisturizing lotion to keep your skin from drying out and avoid wrinkles from forming under your eyes.
Discover: 5 Surprising Benefits of Drinking Water
6. Petroleum jelly
Apply a bit of petroleum jelly around your eyes before going to bed. This may help moisturize, smoothen out, and soften your expression lines.
7. Olive oil, milk, and rose water
Mix these ingredients and apply them to the area around your eyes with a cotton ball. This may relax the area and have an immediate effect on your skin.
- Be careful! When applying lotions or masks, you should never stretch out your skin. Apply these substances in small amounts until the skin absorbs them. Also, if you want to see real results, you should be consistent in applying these products.
- Use an eye shadow that attracts light and reflects it back off of you. This will work even better if your eyeshadow is cream-based since its moisturizing factor may help soften your expression.
- We do not recommend powdered eye shadows because they may dry out the skin and accentuate the lines on your face.
- To relax your face and make your eyes look young for longer, you can perform this easy exercise: When you feel tension in your eyes, close them and let them rest for a few seconds. Then, open them as wide as you can, stretching out the eye muscles. Repeat this process several times.
- Don’t forget! The area around the eyes is very sensitive, so make sure not to rub, scratch or mistreat it.