How to Get Rid of Wrinkles Under Your Eyes
The eyes are the window to the soul, and the place where we express ourselves when we speak to someone…
Collagen and elastin are protein fibers in the skin cells that make them stronger and more elastic. These fibers create a network that allows young and healthy skin – which contains lots of collagen – to quickly and easily recover. Collagen and elastin production decreases as time goes by, meaning your skin gets thinner and is less able to renew itself; sun exposure also contributes to this problem. The area under the eyes is especially vulnerable to sun damage because this thin skin is directly or indirectly exposed to the sun all day long.
You may not have known that wrinkles under your eyes are mainly a product of genetics. Although there is little that you can do to change your innate wrinkle heritage, you can follow a few particular habits to significantly decrease the intensity of the wrinkles under your eyes. Find out about them here!
Tips and remedies for diminishing wrinkles under your eyes
- Egg whites are known for helping to stretch out the skin. They tense up our loose skin and are therefore very useful when it comes to getting rid of wrinkles.
- Avocados have always been recognized as a very healthy food because they’re rich in vitamin E. This vitamin stimulates collagen production, which helps the skin to fight off the effects of aging. It also helps with issues such as dermatitis and pimples. A good avocado mask can help to moisturize the skin around your eyes and give it the fatty acids it needs to thrive. Over time, you will realize that vitamins B and E can help give you your beautiful, young skin back.
- Cucumbers are a great option for getting rid of eye wrinkles because they are 96% water, contain vitamin C, vitamin E and several essential oils. The best way to use cucumbers is to apply a bit of their juice (cucumber slices will also work) to the wrinkly area. The cucumber’s natural properties will diminish the appearance of wrinkles, get rid of the bags under your eyes and refresh your tired or swollen eyes.
- It is very important to get a good night’s sleep. When you deprive yourself of sleep, it has serious consequences that are almost immediate, including bags under your eyes and dry, wrinkly skin.
- Drink plenty of water. Remember that this is a really important part of keeping hydrated, both in terms of your body and your skin. You can also use a moisturizing lotion to keep your skin from drying out and keep wrinkles from forming under your eyes.
- Apply a bit of vaseline around your eyes before going to bed. This will allow you to moisturize, smoothen out and soften your expression lines.
- Mix a bit of olive oil, milk and rose water. Apply this mixture to the area around your eyes with a cotton ball. This will relax the area and have an immediate effect on your skin.
- Be careful! When applying lotions or masks, you should never stretch out your skin. Apply these substances in small amounts until the skin absorbs them. Also, if you want to see real results, you should be consistent in applying these products.
- Use an eyeshadow that attracts light and reflects it back off of you. This will work even better if your eyeshadow is cream-based, since its moisturizing factor will help soften your expression. We do not recommend powders because they dry out the skin and accentuate the lines on your face.
- To relax your face and make your eyes look young for longer, you can perform this easy exercise: When you feel tension in your eyes, close them and let them rest for a few seconds. Then, open them as wide as you can, stretching out the eye muscles. Repeat this process several times.
- Don’t forget! The area around the eyes is very sensitive, so make sure not to rub, scratch or mistreat it.