It seems like just yesterday that we were all getting spots on our faces during puberty. It was a nightmare, wasn’t it?
You’re probably happy to be past that stage but, suddenly, you’re trying on a bikini and you see something: a spot.
You need to bear in mind that, even if you’ve totally overcome the acne of puberty, sometimes, after growing up, bothersome spots can appear in truly uncomfortable places, like the buttocks.
Discover the causes, how to improve them and what to do.
You should bear in mind that the appearance of spots is not just something that affects teenagers.
In fact, during adulthood, the secretion from our follicles can cause red swellings (spots) in susceptible places. And the buttocks are one of them,
Remember that the causes of the formation of these spots on the buttocks is due to clothes rubbing on the skin, sweating and spending long periods of time sitting down.
Don’t worry, it can be treated with the right antibiotics.
Want to know more? Read:
Hygiene is important
The majority of these spots break out in places where there is a lot of sweating, little aeration of the pores and where the use of synthetic fabrics on the skin is common.
This is why it is advisable to wash the area with antiseptic products several times.
Although it may seem difficult to avoid sweating, it’s important to know that hygiene is key.
- When you have a shower, the most suitable products for preventing spots and keeping the area clean and disinfected are non-oily, antiseptic and scent-free products.
The use of underwear, as well as giving you comfort and elegance, also has a purpose related to your health.
It is necessary to know which sorts of underwear you should wear and which not. Fabrics made of natural fibers are recommended, as opposed to synthetic items.
- As well as covering your private area and highlighting your qualities, underwear helps the skin with the interaction between bacteria and fluids.
- Choosing appropriate underwear can help prevent the appearance of spots on the buttocks. So, now that you know this, bear it in mind.
Despite doing all this, you’re still getting spots. What can you do?
Once spots have come out on your buttocks, that most important thing to do is to resist the temptation to squeeze them.
The secretion that comes with follicle infections is usually pus together with the bacteria of the buttocks themselves. Don’t try it.
- Always keep the affected area clean. And no, not necessarily with soap.
- It is advisable to use antiseptics in cream or aerosol form too, to isolate the infections and wait until the spot heals with time, without making it more inflamed.
Remember this, it is important.
Why on the buttocks?
In both men and women, this can happen for the following reasons:
- Badly treated (and medicated) dermatitis
- Excessive sweating in the area
- Excessively tight underwear of doubtful quality
- Diet filled with trans fats and a sedentary lifestyle
- Lack of personal hygiene
- Shaving with razors in poor condition
- Problems related to the blood
Visit this article: Special Homemade Soap for Sensitive Skin and Dermatitis
Treatment for spots on the buttocks
The treatment for spots on the buttocks is similar to the treatment for other areas where acne breaks out.
It consists of treating the infected follicle with antibiotics and keeping the area clean, so that the inflammation stops.
Under no circumstances should you try to squeeze the spot thinking that this way it won’t reappear. If you do so, you’ll spread the pus around the area and make it worse.
Have patience and keep the area as fresh and hygienic as possible. Allow time and the medicine to do their work.
Not just for aesthetics but also for health
Remember that the cause of these outbreaks of acne is the consequence of several factors. In this situation, aesthetics is of secondary value.
Identify the particular factors that may have made these spots come up on your buttocks, treat them appropriately and avoid anxiety and products that may make the issue worse.
While it may look unpleasant, it will heal if you apply what you’ve read in this article.