Get Shiny and Silky Hair with These Masks
It’s almost impossible to think that just the day-to-day wear and tear alone damages our hair. Things such as dyeing, using a hair dryer, swimming, and even the wind damage it in a big way and prevent you from having silky hair.
For this reason, masks are a fantastic way to nourish and moisturize hair and keep it healthy.
Although there are commercial masks, at Step to Health we want to offer you some options that you can make with natural products, which are sure to already be at your fingertips.
Without a doubt, your hair will absorb the proteins and nutrients that these ingredients provide, and you’ll have silky hair full of shine, strength, and softness.
Egg and olive oil mask
Eggs are the most consumed food in the world. This is because they’re rich in fat and protein. These nutrients also moisturize hair.
Moreover, eggs act as a conditioner or, in the case of egg whites, as a remedy to control excess grease.
For example, it provides shine, nourishes and repairs the scalp, strengthens hair follicles to reduce hair loss, and promotes hair growth.
Here, we’ll share two recipes that you can apply according to your hair type.
For dry and damaged hair
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil (30 ml)
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the olive oil until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Apply the mixture over all your hair, preferably when wet, to help spread the mask.
- Tie up your hair Cover it with a shower cap and wait for 20 to 30 minutes for your hair to absorb the nutrients
- Wash it with your usual shampoo to remove excess oil and egg.
- Don’t forget to rinse it with cold water to get better results, and thus avoid the egg leaving a mess.
Mask for oily hair
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil (30 ml)
- Mix the egg whites and olive oil in a bowl until you get a creamy substance.
- Apply the mixture to wet hair until you have covered every strand.
- As in the previous case, tie it up and cover it with a shower cap. Wait 20 to 30 minutes for your hair to absorb the nutrients
- Finally, wash your hair with your preferred shampoo and rinse with cold water.
Banana, egg, honey and olive oil mask
This mask can be used twice a week for a month to see better results.
Banana is known to be one of the best natural sources of vitamins and minerals such as potassium, zinc, and vitamins A, B and C. For this reason, its direct application to the hair provides hydration, softness and shine.
Thanks to the main ingredients of mayonnaise (egg, vinegar and oils), this also provides an extraordinary source of hydration for the hair. Furthermore, it reduces frizz, eliminates dandruff, and gives it more shine.
- 1 piece of banana
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise (30 g)
- 1 tbsp. of honey (15 ml)
- 1 tsp olive (5 ml)
- Pour all the ingredients in a bowl and blend until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Then apply the mask from the roots to the tips. If you have curly or very dry hair, focus more on applying it to the roots.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and let the mask sit for 2 to 2 ½ hours.
- Wash your hair with warm water.
Note: Some people apply conditioner to clean, wet hair. However, this is an optional step. In both cases, your hair will be spectacular.
Olive oil, coconut, and almond mask
This mask is made up of natural oils that act on the hair to hydrate and moisturise.
First, coconut oil has an ingredient called lauric acid which resembles hair proteins. In fact, this fatty acid easily penetrates the internal structure of the hair, nourishing and providing softness, shine and strength.
In the same way, almond oil in your hair is an excellent remedy to nourish and restore it. The reason for this is because it contains nutrients such as vitamins A, B, D, and E. As a result, it’s a valuable tool for providing hydration, softness, lightness, and strength to your hair.
In short, this mask helps strengthen the hair strands and helps fight split ends. It will also provide flexibility, luminosity, hydration, and shine.
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil (15 ml)
- 1 tbsp. of coconut oil (15 ml)
- 1 tbsp. of almond oil (15 ml)
- Hair brush
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl. If the coconut oil is in a solid state, heat it with steam (in a water bath) and then mix well.
- With a hair brush, apply the oils to the ends of your hair, avoiding the roots. Tie up your hair and cover it with a shower cap. Let the mask sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with your preferred shampoo and warm water until you’ve removed most of the oils. If you would like, you can also apply conditioner and rinse.
- Your hair will be bright and spectacular.
If you make these masks frequently, your hair will improve a lot.
However, drinking water and sticking to a good diet that contains all the vitamins you need is the most complete option for your hair to be healthy from root to tip.
We hope these recipes help you. They’re very practical and with easily obtained ingredients. What are you waiting for?It might interest you...