Get Rid of Stomach Fat with These 6 Easy Exercises
Getting rid of stomach fat is one of the major goals of those who are fighting to lose weight.
After all, the fat that accumulates in this area of the body significantly affects the figure. Even though some people ignore this fat, it also represents a risk for cardiovascular health.
Luckily, there are a few natural methods to combat this problem without needing to turn to strict diets or costly supplements.
Following a healthy diet with a controlled amount of calories and practicing at least 30 minutes of exercise a day can give you good results in a short period of time.
This type of exercise routine should combine cardiovascular activity with high intensity training. This increases calorie burning and weight loss.
Today, we’ll show you the 6 best exercises to start your daily routine.
The plank is a very popular exercise that puts the muscles of the entire body to work.
It’s recommended in order to activate your metabolism while strengthening your abdomen, glutes and lower back.
- Face down on a yoga type mat, support yourself on your forearms and tips of your toes.
- Be sure to keep your body straight without bending at the hips and with your stomach tight.
- You will feel tension in the abdominal wall to support the position for a few seconds.
- At first, sustain this position for 20 seconds, increasing up to 45.
Using weights with obliques helps to burn calories and is a good option to remove inches from the stomach and waist.
- Sit forming a “V” with the upper part of your torso and your legs crossed and elevated.
- Hold a 5-pound weight with two hands at the level of your chest. Move back and forth from left to right.
- Do 3 sets of 10 repetitions.
If you use a wheel or roller for exercising, this activity is perfect for working the abdominal muscles.
It’s not only useful for training, but also has wonderful benefits to strengthen the muscles in this area of the body.
- Using a mat, support yourself on the knees and tightly grab both sides of the wheel.
- Lower your body to the place where you can push the wheel forward and pull yourself back to the initial position where you started with a slow movement.
- Do 3 sets of these 20 times.
4. Bridge with elevated legs
The bridge is an exercise that benefits your abdominal zone as much as it benefits your glutes and hips. In this case, we suggest doing this combined with elevating your legs to increase the intensity.
- Lie down on your back with your left knee flexed, your left foot supported on the floor and your right leg extending toward the ceiling.
- Keep your arms by your ribs and elevate your pelvis for 10 seconds.
- Rest, switch legs and complete 10 or 12 times with each leg.
5. Lower abdominals
The lower abdominals tend to be a more problematic area to work. This is because this is where the most fat tends to accumulate.
This exercise, known as the guillotine, focuses on this area. Even though it’s a little complex, it serves to reduce inches.
- Raise both legs, forming a 90-degree angle to the floor.
- Then, lower your legs without allowing your feet to touch the floor.
- Pause briefly (4 or 5 seconds) and raise again.
- Do 4 sets of 10 to 15 repetitions.
6. Knees to the chest
This type of exercise is ideal to fight excess fat, since besides focusing on the stomach, it also serves to activate the cardiovascular system.
- Face down, support yourself over the forearms and on the tips of your toes.
- Be sure to keep your back straight and abdomen tight.
- Bring one of your knees up to your chest, return to the initial position and repeat this movement with the other leg.
- Continue these movements, alternating with both legs, as fast as possible.
- Do this 30 or 40 times.
Do you want to see results in a short time? This will happen if you are constantly doing these exercises and remember to complement them with a healthy diet.