Six Exercises to Get Rid of Stomach Fat
Having a flat, toned abdomen is one of the biggest ambitions among anyone who wants to lose weight and improve their health so here are some of the best exercises to get rid of abdominal fat and attain your goal.
The fat that accumulates in this area significantly affects the figure. Even though some people ignore this fat, it also represents a cardiovascular health risk.
Luckily, there are a few natural methods to fight this problem without needing to turn to strict diets or costly supplements. Following a healthy diet with a controlled amount of calories and doing at least 30 minutes of exercise a day can give you good results in a short period of time.
Your exercise routine should combine cardiovascular activity with high-intensity training. This will make you burn more calories, thus helping you lose weight.
These suggestions combine cardiovascular activity with high-intensity training to increase caloric expenditure and weight loss.
Firstly, let’s do the plank. It’s a popular exercise that works the muscles of your entire body.
This is why professionals recommend it to activate the metabolism. It also strengthens your abdomen, glutes, and lower back.
- Facedown on a yoga mat, support yourself on your forearms and tips of your toes
- Be sure to keep your body straight without bending at the hips
- You’ll feel some tension on your abdominal wall since you’ll be holding the position for a few seconds
- At first, hold this position for 20 seconds; then, slowly increase this time until you can hold it for 45 seconds
2. Obliques with weight
Using weights while doing obliques helps burn calories and is a good option to help you shed inches from your stomach and waist.
- Sit down on the floor and form a “V” with the upper part of your torso with your legs crossed and elevated
- Then, hold a 5-pound weight with two hands at chest level. Move back and forth from left to right
- Do three sets of ten repetitions
3. Wheel exercises to get rid of stomach fat
Using a wheel or roller for exercising is a perfect activity for working the abdominal muscles.
It’s not only useful for training; in fact, it also strengthens the muscles in this area of the body.
- Using a mat, support yourself on your knees and grab both sides of the wheel tightly
- Then, lower your body to the place where you can push the wheel forward and pull yourself back to the initial position where you started with a slow movement
- Do three sets of 20 repetitions
4. The bridge with elevated legs
This exercise benefits your abdominal area as much as it benefits your glutes and hips.
In this case, we suggest doing it with your legs elevated to increase the intensity.
- Lie down on your back with your left knee flexed, your left foot supported on the floor, and your right leg extended toward the ceiling
- Keep your arms by your ribs and elevate your pelvis for ten seconds
- Finally, rest, switch legs and repeat ten to 12 times with each leg
5. Lower abdominals
These tend to be more problematic. This is because these involve the parts where the most fat tends to accumulate. This type of exercise focuses on this specific area. It’s a little hard but burns off a lot of fat.
- Firstly, raise both legs, forming a 90-degree angle to the floor
- Then, lower your legs without allowing your feet to touch the floor
- Pause briefly (4 or 5 seconds) and raise them again
- Do 4 sets of 10 to 15 repetitions
6. Knees to the chest are great to get rid of abdominal fat
This type of exercise is ideal to fight excess fat since it focuses on the stomach and also activates the cardiovascular system.
- Firstly, lie down faceup
- Be sure to keep your back straight and abdomen tight
- Bring one of your knees up to your chest, return to the initial position, and repeat this movement with the other leg
- Continue these movements, alternating with both legs, as fast as possible
- Do it 30 or 40 times
Perseverance and discipline are your best allies to get rid of abdominal fat
Thus, do you want to see results in a short time? Then, do these exercises constantly and supplement them with a healthy diet.
Finally, consult a nutritionist if you have doubts about how to follow a diet that suits your needs and objectives.It might interest you...