Get Rid of Stomach Fat With These 6 Easy Exercises
Are you having troubles getting rid of that stubborn stomach fat? These 6 great exercises can help. The best part is that you don't even need to go to the gym to do them!
Getting rid of stomach fat is one of the major goals of those who are fighting to lose weight. After all, the fat that accumulates in this area significantly affects the figure. Even though some people ignore this fat, it also represents a cardiovascular health risk.
Luckily, there are a few natural methods to fight this problem without needing to turn to strict diets or costly supplements. Following a healthy diet with a controlled amount of calories and doing at least 30 minutes of exercise a day can give you good results in a short period of time.
Your exercise routine should combine cardiovascular activity with high-intensity training. This will make you burn more calories, thus helping you lose weight. Today, we’ll show you the 6 best exercises to lose belly fat.
This is a very popular exercise that works out the muscles of your entire body. It helps activate your metabolism and also strengthens your abdomen, glutes, and lower back.
- Face down on a yoga mat, support yourself on your forearms and tips of your toes.
- Be sure to keep your body straight without bending at the hips.
- You’ll feel some tension on your abdominal wall since you’ll be holding the position for a few seconds.
- At first, hold this position for 20 seconds. Then slowly increase this time until you reach 45 seconds.
Read more here: 6 Abdominal Exercises You’ll Enjoy Doing at Home
Using weights with obliques helps burn calories and is a good option to help you remove inches from your stomach and waist.
- Sit down on the floor and form a “V” with the upper part of your torso with your legs crossed and elevated.
- Hold a 5-pound weight with two hands at chest level. Move back and forth from left to right.
- Do 3 sets of 10 repetitions.
3. Wheel exercises help you get rid of stomach fat
Using a wheel or roller for exercising is a perfect activity for working the abdominal muscles. It’s not only useful for training. It also strengthens the muscles in this area of the body.
- Using a mat, support yourself on your knees and grab both sides of the wheel tightly.
- Lower your body to the place where you can push the wheel forward and pull yourself back to the initial position where you started with a slow movement.
- Do 3 sets of 20 repetitions.
4. Bridge with elevated legs
This exercise benefits your abdominal area as much as it benefits your glutes and hips. In this case, we suggest doing it with your legs elevated to increase the intensity.
- Lie down on your back with your left knee flexed, your left foot supported on the floor, and your right leg extended toward the ceiling.
- Keep your arms by your ribs and elevate your pelvis for 10 seconds.
- Rest, switch legs, and repeat 10 to 12 times with each leg.
5. The guillotine
The lower abdominals tend to be more problematic to work. This is because this is where the most fat tends to accumulate. This exercise focuses on this area. Even though it’s a little hard to do, it burns off a lot of fat.
- Raise both legs, forming a 90-degree angle to the floor.
- Then, lower your legs without allowing your feet to touch the floor.
- Pause briefly (4 or 5 seconds) and raise them again.
- Do 4 sets of 10 to 15 repetitions.
6. Knees to the chest
This type of exercise is ideal to fight excess fat since it focuses on the stomach and also serves to activate the cardiovascular system.
- Face down, support yourself over your forearms and on the tips of your toes.
- Be sure to keep your back straight and abdomen tight.
- Bring one of your knees up to your chest, return to the initial position, and repeat this movement with the other leg.
- Continue these movements, alternating with both legs, as fast as possible.
- Do this 30 or 40 times.
Do you want to see results in a short time? You will if you do these exercises constantly and remember to supplement them with a healthy diet.