Your eyes are an essential part of your look. You can go out dressed great, in a fantastic outfit, but if your eye makeup goes wrong, you may not be sending the message you want.
Because of that, your eyelashes play a very important role. Long eyelashes give a confident look to your face.
Of course, if you want others to have this impression of you, esthetics won’t be enough; you have to have the attitude too.
That said, looking good on the outside can help you feel that confidence.
But it’s also good for your health too. As you know, the purpose of your eyelashes is to protect your eyes from dust and particles in the air.
So paying them some attention is actually a very timely thing to do, now that air pollution is such a problem.
Therefore we thought it’d be a good idea to get great eyelashes by using some home tricks. If you can acheive them with natural ingredients, why not?
However, if you have any eye problems, you should talk to your doctor before using any of these remedies.
Get longer eyelashes with home remedies
1. Castor oil
Castor oil is ideal for treating weakened hair, as it helps stimulate growth and regeneration.
Therefore it’s great for our purposes here too.
It also has the advantage of being very quick and easy: all you do is moisten a cotton ball and smooth it over the area.
You can do it every day since it is very considerate to your body.
2. Olive oil
Olive oil is rich in antioxidants that help with optimal growth in your eyelashes.
Just like our first remedy, it’s very easy to do:
- Dip your fingertips into the oil and apply to the roots of your eyelashes.
- You’ll notice gradual growth and also a more healthy look to them.
- There’s no problem if you want to apply it during the day, though we do recommend applying it before bed. This will allow the regeneration process to go on all night.
3. Coconut oil
It has an infinite number of uses. The vitamins found in coconut oil make it perfect for personal care.
- When it comes to your eyelashes, it helps keep them nourished properly. This translates into length and shine.
- It is used the same as the other oils.
While it used to be hard to find in some areas, it is now in almost all natural food stores and even supermarkets.
4. Lengthen your eyelashes with chamomile
In addition to being a nutrition powerhouse, chamomile has another advantage: its antibacterial properties.
As we were saying, your eyes suffer the consequences of air pollution, so a cup of chamomile tea will help treat your entire eye area.
- You can massage your eyelids as well as rinse your actual eye with the chamomile.
- This way you’ll protect yourself from infection and get longer eyelashes to boot.
We recommend reading: 6 Medicinal Properties of Chamomile
5. Egg whites
What’s great about egg whites is their protein. It doesn’t just help you burn fat and increase your muscle mass; it is also vital for your hair.
In fact, egg whites are found in many natural shampoos. Despite being a bit more complicated than the other remedies, it is very effective.
Here is the best way to use them:
- Add an egg white to a bowl. No need to beat it.
- Apply it to your eyelashes, from root to end, with your fingertips.
- Wait 10 minutes and then rinse off with warm water.
- Repeat 3 times a week.
As you can see, we love natural products, and not just because we can make them at home. It’s because we’re talking about a very sensitive part of your body, and your appearance shouldn’t take precedence over your health.
We prefer natural alternatives because they have practically zero side effects, yet are still very effective.
However, we do recommend checking with your doctor before using them.