Sciatica is a pain that is caused when there is irritation in the sciatic nerve. The pain can be very intense and can last for a few days, even to the point of preventing the person from doing their daily activities as usual. Sciatic pain can start in the lower part of the back and reach up to behind one of the legs. It can sometimes even reach the tip of the toes.
Irritation from the sciatic nerve is caused when it is compressed and inflamed as a consequence of a herniated disc, spinal stenosis, piriformis syndrome, a lesion or fracture in the pelvis, or even tumors.
What Are the Symptoms of Sciatica?
Sciatic pain can have different intensities. The person who suffers from this can experience just a slight tingling or even pain, but it can also lead to a more intense pain that prevents them from doing everyday tasks.
In general, this pain happens to one side intensely, although some people can also feel it on one part of the leg or hip, or experience numbness in other parts of the body.
Sciatic pain can get worse over hours or days, especially if the person is feeling weak. This intense pain tends to be felt especially after standing or sitting, at night, when coughing, sneezing, or laughing, from walking a lot, or turning around, etc.
Garlic Milk to Relieve Sciatica
Garlic milk is a natural remedy with multiple health properties, and is especially effective for fighting worms and relieving pain like sciatica. This alternative treatment can help reduce inflammation in the sciatic nerve and works like a painkiller to reduce this annoying problem that can prevent you from living a normal life.
You know that garlic is a very beneficial food for your body, especially because of its antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties, which help you fight different types of infections and health problems. In this article, we are going to prepare a powerful garlic remedy that will help you significantly reduce sciatic pain and will also give you various health benefits to improve your quality of life.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 200 mL of milk
To begin with, mince the garlic very well, as if you were going to use it as a seasoning. Then, heat the milk at medium heat and add the minced garlic. Let the mixture cook for a few minutes, letting it boil, and then sweeten it with honey to taste.
To get good results with this treatment, we recommend drinking at least 200 mL of garlic milk a day.
Other Benefits of Garlic Milk
- Garlic milk is also a powerful remedy that will help relieve digestion and constipation problems.
- It is very effective for getting rid of intestinal parasites. In this case, let the garlic milk sit for three to four hours and drink it for 10 days in a row, on an empty stomach.
- This homemade remedy can also be used for dry cough. We recommend drinking it at night before going to sleep, because it will also help you fall asleep.
- People who suffer from asthma, difficulty breathing, and other lung problems can also start to drink garlic milk to get better. In this case, garlic milk should be drunk as hot as possible, preferably before going to bed.
- If you are thinking of doing a weight loss diet and you have an exercise plan ready to meet your goal, garlic milk can also be a huge support to you. Garlic is a food that helps activate the metabolism to facilitate fat burning. It’s best to eat it raw but, if you don’t like its flavor, you can drink it with milk.
- Drinking garlic milk will give you energy and strengthen your immune system thanks to the antibiotic properties of garlic. It will also keep away infections caused by viruses, fungus, and bacteria.