Garcinia Cambogia – A Natural Weight Loss Aid
Garcinia Cambogia is an Asian fruit that boasts antibiotic and astringent properties. It's recognized for its ability to relieve anxiety and burn body fat.
Garcinia Cambogia is an Asian fruit that’s growing in popularity around the world. It’s known as a natural supplement that can help you lose weight more easily.
Find out more about this curious fruit and what properties it features to help you slim down and improve your overall health.
What is Garcinia Cambogia?
Garcinia Cambogia is an Asian fruit that boasts antibiotic and astringent properties. It has the same citric acid found in lemons, oranges, and grapefruit which is very beneficial to those wishing to lose weight.
This plant’s rind is very acidic and is used in some Southeast Asian countries as a condiment for different types of curries (once dried).
In cooking, it’s used as a good vegan substitute for ghee or clarified butter by using the fruit’s seeds.
Garcinia Cambogia offers the following health benefits:
- Used primarily for weight loss.
- Increases the liver and muscles’ ability to store energy.
- Increases serotonin, thereby improving mood, reducing anxiety, and nervousness.
- Especially indicated for improving cholesterol, since it has powerful antioxidants and prevents fatty deposits in the arteries.
- Garcinia extract is a powerful anti-inflammatory and gastric protector.
- Reduces heartburn and treats inflammation of the digestive tract.
- Helps regulate diabetes naturally.
- Fights rheumatic pain with its antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
- It noticeably improves athletes’ performance, since it increases the production of glycogen, which stores muscle energy.
How it helps you lose weight
Garcinia Cambogia works at several levels to foster weight loss:
- It’s very filling; thanks to its hydroxycitric acid content (HCA), it’s an excellent remedy for compulsive eaters or people with large appetites. What’s more, it’s effective without altering your nervous system. In fact, this effect comes from blocking enzymes and boosting metabolism.
- It burns stored fat and prevents it from forming. This way, you can slim down by burning the fat you’ve stored.
- Reduces cravings; it’s ideal for compulsive and emotional eaters, or those who eat due to stress or nervousness. Garcinia provides this benefit by increasing the secretion of serotonin, also known as the happiness hormone.
These three features make Garcinia Cambogia very effective for losing weight easily.
Using Garcinia Cambogia
Garcinia is usually sold in capsules. The powder they contain is a concentrate of the fruit which has healthy properties for weight loss.
The container’s label should say it has at least 50% hydroxycitric acid. If it’s not specified, it probably has less.
The daily recommended amount is between 1,500 and 2,000 mg. Take the capsules half an hour before eating and spread them throughout the day according to each capsule’s amount.
You should also make sure they don’t contain artificial preservatives or binders.
Weight loss tips
In addition to taking the Garcinia capsules for about three months, we recommend following these tips to lose weight in a healthy and effective manner without gaining it back:
- Drink two glasses of water on an empty stomach with the first dose of Garcinia. Do this at least half an hour before breakfast.
- Eat fresh vegetables every day that are raw or in juices and smoothies.
- Eat until you feel satisfied, but not full. Take the time to chew everything you eat and enjoy the flavors; in other words, eat with all your senses.
- Avoid flours and refined sugars; eat complete foods.
- Trade in bad fats (cold meats, margarine, pastries, pre-cooked) for healthy fats (avocado, dried fruit, ghee, coconut oil, etc.).
- Eat light dinners at a time that lets you digest your food before 9 pm, which is when your body needs to rest to regenerate and facilitate weight loss.