Four Ways to Make Deviled Eggs with a Few Ingredients
Deviled eggs are a delicious snack that's quick and easy-to-make. Plus, they can be made with all kinds of ingredients that are very healthy and nutritious.
Everyone has eggs in their kitchen. This ingredient has a wonderful flavor and texture, it’s high in protein and inexpensive. They’re very versatile, so you can make deviled eggs in so many different ways with just a few ingredients.
Deviled eggs are great as an appetizer, snack, or a fun dinner. With just a few ingredients, you can learn how to make some delicious deviled eggs that can be served either hot or cold. This is a healthy alternative that pleases the dietary needs of different kinds of guests.
Let’s take a look at them.
1. Fried tomato and tuna deviled egg
- 8 eggs
- 2 cans of tuna in oil or natural
- 3 tablespoons of fried tomato (45 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of pitted olives (30 g)
- 3 tablespoons of roasted peppers (45 g)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (30 ml)
- 1 cup of sunflower oil (250 ml)
- Chopped garlic
Read this article, too: Tuna Stuffed Tomatoes: A Light and Delicious Recipe
- Boil the eggs in a pan with water for 10 minutes. Afterward, put the eggs in cold water for 10 minutes, then peel them.
- Place the eggs inside a processor or blender. Then, add a half a cup of oil, a juiced lemon, and salt.
- Start blending and gradually add the rest of the oil. Once done, place it in the refrigerator.
- Cut the peeled eggs in half. Separate the egg yolks and put them to the side.
- Put the tuna, fried tomatoes, egg yolks, and olives in a bowl and thoroughly mix them together. The objective is to make a paste that you can a pinch of salt and pepper to.
- Fill in the egg whites with the mixture.
- Cover them with the mayonnaise, and if you want, you can add a bit of minced garlic.
- Garnish with strips of pepper and finely chopped olives.
2. Au gratin deviled eggs with ham
- 4 eggs
- Ham (250 g)
- 1 tablespoon mustard (15 ml)
- A tablespoon of mayonnaise (15 ml)
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese (100 g)
- 1 cup of pitted olives (50 g)
- Boil the eggs in water with a saucepan, add a splash of vinegar to make the peeling easier. Cook the eggs for about 12 minutes.
- For the filling mix the cooked egg yolks, mayonnaise, mustard, and the ham cut into short, fine strips in a bowl.
- Mix until you get a cream, which you can add a pinch of salt and ground pepper to.
- Fill the eggs with the mixture and cover with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 180°C for 10 minutes or until the cheese is au gratin. Be careful that the cheese melts without burning it.
- Serve the deviled eggs and garnish with olives.
3. Deviled eggs with vegetable and bechamel sauce
- 8 eggs
- ½ onion
- 1 tomato
- ½ eggplant
- ½ red pepper
- 2 jars of bechamel sauce (400 ml)
- ½ cup grated cheese (about 50 g)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (45 ml)
- First, set the oven to 190 °C
- Cut the onion, eggplant, and red pepper into small pieces.
- Sauté the onion and bell pepper in a skillet on low heat for 10 minutes. Then, add the eggplant and cook five more minutes.
- Add the tomato, preferably grated. Add salt and pepper and cook for 20 minutes.
- Boil the eggs for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, let them cool down and peel.
- Cut the eggs in half and mix the yolks with the sautéd vegetables. Then, fill with the vegetable mixture.
Place the eggs in a baking dish, cover with bechamel sauce and sprinkle with plenty of cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Then place the oven for au gratin and leave them five minutes.
- Serve with toasted bread.
Check out this article, too: 9 Reasons to Eat Avocados for a Healthy Body
4. Deviled eggs with guacamole
- 8 eggs
- 2 ripe avocados
- Two juiced limes
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 2 small onions
- 1 clove of garlic (5 g)
- 1 tablespoon of cilantro (15 g)
- Salt and black pepper
- Cook eggs in plenty of water for 10 minutes.
- Open the ripe avocados and remove the pit. With a soup spoon scoop out the flesh and place in a bowl.
- Add the lime juice to prevent it from browning.
- Add the yolks, and finely chopped onion, garlic and tomato.
- Thoroughly stir the ingredients together.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Then, cut the eggs in half and fill with the guacamole.
- Serve with nachos and sour cream.