Four Night Creams to Make at Home for Perfect Skin
Depending on your skin type, you can choose a homemade night cream that best fits your needs, as different ingredients have different functions.
Below, we’ll offer you some homemade night cream recipes. They take care of everything and, best of all, they’re cheap! Some might seem a little strange to you, but give them a change and you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
1. Aloe vera, milk and olive oil night cream
The first homemade night cream on our list is simple to make. Since it’s rich in vitamins, minerals and essential amino-acids, it’s wonderful for reducing the appearance of bags.
Aloe vera is an amazing natural moisturizer that keeps skin hydrated without making it oily. The lactic acid found in milk has exfoliating properties that help it work without irritating skin.
Together, all of the ingredients provide skin with natural oils that hydrate on a deeper level.
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (16 g)
- 2 tablespoons of powder milk (30 g)
- Mix the aloe vera gel, milk and olive oil together until the a homogeneous paste forms.
- Wash your face and neck with a mild soap and warm water.
- Apply the cream onto your face and massage in circular moments for several minutes until the mask is completely absorbed.
- In the morning, wash your face with a mild soap and warm water.
If you want, prepare a large quantity of this cream and store it in a air-tight plastic or glass container. You don’t need to keep it in the refrigerator, but doing so can give it a more refreshing effect.
2. Avocado and egg night cream
You might not be crazy about this second cream on our list. In any case, you should give it a chance because it has some surprising properties.
Avocado contains polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids that protect skin.
- Monounsaturated fats keep the skin’s outer layer moisturized, leaving it with a healthy glow.
- Meanwhile, polyunsaturated fatty acids protect skin from solar damage and from factors that cause sensitivity and inflammation in skin.
Meanwhile, egg yolks have fat and cholesterol that are great for treating damaged and wrinkled skin. Egg whites are ideal for moisturizing skin and reducing the size of pores.
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 raw egg
- Smash the avocado into a homogeneous paste.
- Add the egg and mix until the paste becomes a cream. If you’d like, you can use a blender.
- Apply the cream to your cleaned face using circular movements.
- Wait a few minutes before going to bed so that the cream can dry.
- Wash off your face in the morning with a mild soap.
- Use the cream two times a week for hydrated skin with less wrinkles and expression lines.
Remember to store the leftover cream in a clean container, with lid, in a cool dry place such as the refrigerator.
3. Orange and yogurt night cream
Our third night cream has both a delicious aroma and texture. Orange peel contains vitamin A, potassium and antioxidants that combat the appearance of tiredness and expression lines.
Meanwhile, yogurt, lemon juice and turmeric have hydrating and clarifying properties that complement the effects of the orange. All together, they make the perfect cream for mature skin.
- The peel of 1 orange, grated
- 1 tablespoon of powder turmeric (15 g)
- ½ cup of natural yogurt (100 g)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice (5 ml)
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together until the mixture has a creamy texture.
- Wash face with a mild cleanser for your skin type.
- Dry off excess water and apply a thin layer of the cream to your face.
- Leave on for 15 minutes and wash off.
- Use this cream every night for best results.
Because the mixture contains lemon, you shouldn’t leave the cream on for the entire night. If you want to leave it on, exclude the lemon juice from the preparation to prevent irritation.
Want to know more? Read: 5 Great Face Masks for Radiant Skin
4. Honey and coconut oil night cream
Honey is amazing for skin thanks to its antibacterial properties and high antioxidant content. Coconut oil boasts a scrumptious aroma, smoothness and antioxidants.
- ½ cup of coconut oil (100 g)
- 3 tablespoons of honey (75 g)
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix together gently.
- Heat up the cream in the microwave until it has a liquid consistency.
- Warm up the cream between the pads of your fingers for a few seconds before applying it to your face.
- Apply the cream to your face and neck using circular movements.
- Leave on for the entire night and in the morning, wash off with a mild soap and water.
Store the cream in a plastic container with a lid. You don’t need to warm it up every night, as the purpose of warming it up is only to combine all the ingredients.