Four Mixed Salad Recipes You Should Try
The advantage of mixed salads is that they allow you to combine several ingredients. In this article, we'll share four delicious options you should try out today!
Mixed salad recipes allow you to vary your meals more so that eating healthy doesn’t become boring. In addition, mixed salads are excellent ways to increase your intake of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and other important nutrients.
Salads perfectly complement main meals and don’t contain a lot of calories. They’re made from fresh vegetables, fruit, nuts, and spices, among other healthy ingredients.
Read on to discover four interesting salad options!
Mixed Salad Recipes You Should Try
One of the most interesting aspects of mixed salad recipes is that they combine several different ingredients. They’re good options if you want to enjoy lighter dinners.
Best of all is that they’re easy to make and are great alternatives for those who don’t have a lot of time to cook. In addition, they preserve their flavor for a few hours, meaning you can store them in plastic containers and take them to work.
1. Quinoa and Chickpea Mixed Salad
These two ingredients are rich in high-quality vegetable proteins.
We’re sure this will definitely become one of your favorite mixed salad recipes. This recipe is made from a combination of quinoa and chickpeas, foods rich in fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals.
- 1 cup of quinoa (200 g
- 2 cups of water (500 ml
- 1 ½ cups of cooked chickpeas (300 g)
- Chopped fresh parsley (50 g)
- 1 ½ cups of chopped spinach (300 g)
- Chopped fresh cilantro (50 g)
- Chopped green onion (62g)
- Crumbled feta cheese (62 g)
- Pumpkin seeds (to taste)
- ¼ cup of olive oil (40 ml)
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice (40 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of tahini (30 g)
- 1 large crushed garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon of fine sea salt (3 g)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- To begin, rinse the quinoa in a mesh strainer. Then, pour it into a pot of water.
- Let it boil over medium heat and then lower the heat. Cook for 15 minutes.
- After that, remove from heat, cover, and let stand for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the pumpkin seeds for three to five minutes, until golden brown.
- Transfer them to a salad bowl and let cool for a few minutes.
Preparation of the Dressing and Final Steps
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a small bowl. Taste and add more salt or lemon if you consider it necessary.
- When the quinoa is ready, pour it into a large bowl and add the chickpeas, spinach, parsley, cilantro, green onion, feta cheese, and toasted seeds.
- Finally, pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
You should also read: Three Different Salads with Eggs that You’ll Love
2. Vegetarian Pasta Salad
Do you like mixed salads with pasta? If the answer is yes, here’s a healthy, low-calorie alternative made only with herbal ingredients. It only contains 257 calories per serving and it’s an interesting option to enjoy for lunch or dinner.
- ½ cup of green beans (200 g)
- Small potatoes (250 g)
- Organic penne pasta (250 g)
- 1 can of drained chickpeas (150 g)
- ½ cup of olives (100 g)
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes (150 g)
- 1 bunch of radishes
- 2 tablespoons of white wine or rice vinegar (30 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (15 ml)
- 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh dill (45 g)
- A dash of salt and pepper
- ½ cup of olive oil (125 ml)
- First, boil a large pot of salted water and add the green beans. Let them cook for 15 minutes until soft, and then drain.
- Cook the potatoes in the same water for 15 minutes.
- Once soft, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, boil another pot with salt water and add the pasta. Cook it according to the instructions on the package.
- When it’s ready, drain and transfer it to a large bowl.
- Pour the green beans, potatoes, tomatoes, radishes, and olives on top.
- If you want, mix everything together.
Preparation of the Dressing
- Add the vinegar and lemon juice to a small bowl.
- Then, add the dill, salt, and pepper.
- After that, pour the olive oil slowly and mix.
- When ready, pour over the pasta salad.
- Let cool in the refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes and serve.
3. Lettuce, Egg, Tuna, and Tomato Salad
These ingredients are rich in protein, healthy fat, and fiber.
Mixed salad recipes can also provide an interesting contribution of proteins. This delicious fresh lettuce, egg, tuna, and tomato combination is satiating. It’s the perfect option for after workouts or dinner.
- 5 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 sliced ripe tomato
- ½ carrot chopped into thin strips
- ½ cup of tuna (100 g)
- 1 onion cut into julienne
- ½ cup of sweet corn (100 g)
- 2 boiled eggs
- First, cook the eggs in boiling water for about 15 minutes. When ready, peel and cube them.
- Then, wash the romaine lettuce leaves and dry them with a paper towel.
- After that, chop the carrot, tomato, and onion.
- In a salad bowl, add a bed of lettuce and the other vegetables on top.
- Also add the olives, sweet corn, and boiled eggs.
- Finally, if you wish, pour a salt, wine vinegar, and olive oil dressing on top.
4. Mango and Basil Salad
Mango is a fruit that gives your salads a distinctive flavor.
If you prefer salads with the sweet and sour touch of fruits, then this mixed mango and basil salad is a good choice for you. It only takes about 10 minutes to make and you can use it to accompany your favorite foods.
- 2 cups of spinach (400 g)
- 1 cup of basil (200 g)
- 1 cup of arugula (200 g)
- 2 cups of cubed mango (400 g)
- 1 cucumber cut into strips
- ½ cup of chopped walnuts (100 g)
- Olive oil and mayonnaise (to taste)
- Add the previously washed spinach and arugula to a salad bowl.
- Then, add the mango and cucumber.
- After that, add the walnuts and a dash of olive oil.
- To make the dressing, blend the basil with two tablespoons of mayonnaise and a dash of olive oil.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve.
- You can also add other fruits such as strawberries, blueberries, or peaches.
Have you tried these mixed salad recipes? Choose the one you like the most and start enjoying lighter and healthier meals today! Make sure to include them in a balanced and healthy diet.