Four Homemade Mayonnaise Recipes that You Will Love
You will enjoy the 100% natural ingredients that are in these homemade mayonnaise recipes. Also, you can experience different flavors by using different herbs and spices. Take a look at these recipes.
These homemade mayonnaise recipes are easy to make and they contain ingredients that are healthier than most store-bought mayonnaise. They’re ideal for enhancing the taste of sandwiches, snacks, salads and many other dishes.
The basic ingredients that you can use are eggs, oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and salt. However, in order to give a more special touch to some versions, it’s recommended to use herbs, spices and other ingredients that add more flavor. Below, you can find out how to make them.
Would you like to make them at home? Here, you can take a look at some options!
The Four Best Homemade Mayonnaise Recipes
Today, you can get several types of mayonnaise and salad dressings at stores and supermarkets. However, many people prefer avoiding them because they contain too many calories and added chemicals.
Are there any other alternatives?
Of course, there are!
Here;s a wide variety of homemade mayonnaise recipes that you can enjoy without so many regrets. You can make them by using natural and healthy ingredients that allow you to avoid consuming excess fats that many commercial versions usually contain.
1. Basic Homemade Mayonnaise
When making homemade mayonnaise, you will be able to use healthy ingredients and more flavors.
Go ahead and start making these homemade mayonnaise recipes starting with a basic version that contains a touch of mustard. You could use cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil. By doing so, it will be so much more healthy.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar (40 ml)
- ½ teaspoon of powdered organic mustard (2.5 g)
- ½ teaspoon of salt (2, 5 g)
- 2 cups of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil (500 ml)
- Start by mixing the eggs, apple cider vinegar, mustard and salt in a food processor. Thoroughly beat everything together.
- Then, with the blender is still running, gradually add the olive oil, making sure it comes out in a straight stream.
- While the blender is still running, the mayonnaise will become thick. When you believe it’s thick enough, add more oil and continue blending.
- Finally, pour the mayonnaise in a jar with a lid and place it in the refrigerator.
Read this article, too: How to Whip Up a Scrumptious Vegan Mayonnaise
2. Carrot Mayonnaise
What about a vegetable mayonnaise to put on your toast or bread? If you’re a carrot lover, then this version will be the option for you.
It’s a recipe that’s lighter than the previous one, but with a touch of garlic, oregano, and cayenne.
- 1/2 cup of olive oil or sunflower oil (100 ml)
- 3 steamed carrots
- The juice of one lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- Oregano, cilantro and cayenne pepper (to your own liking)
- First, boil the carrots in water until they get soft.
- Then, place in them in the bowl of the manual beater and add the garlic, lemon, and other spices.
- As you continually beat everything together, gradually add the oil until you get the desired texture.
3. Watercress Mayonnaise
In order to get a mayonnaise that’s more healthy, add vegetables to it.
This exquisite recipe stands out on this list of homemade mayonnaise recipes. It’s an ideal option to accompany appetizers on special occasions. Its flavor goes very well with nachos, toast, crackers, among other things.
- Fresh Watercress (200 g)
- Normal homemade mayonnaise (150 g)
- Cream Cheese (100 g)
- 4 sticks of Surimi (Crab sticks)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice (40 ml)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Removes the stems and the hard parts of the watercress. Then, boil them to soften.
- Afterward, thoroughly blend all the ingredients together.
- Make sure to refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Enjoy it as a side dish.
Check out this article, too: 5 Mayonnaise Hair Masks for Luxuriously Soft Hair
4. Lime and Cilantro Mayonnaise
This homemade mayonnaise is very nice when you add citrus to it. That is why, in this version, it would be a good idea to add a bit of lime juice and a squirt of lemon juice.
In addition, you can’t miss out on the delicious flavor of cilantro.
- 1 whole egg
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice (60 ml)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (40 ml)
- 10 chopped cilantro leaves
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup of olive oil (250 ml)
- First, add all the ingredients into a manual beater bowl.
- Then, beat without stopping until the mayonnaise gets thick.
- Enjoy it with salads, fish, and meat dishes.
Are you still hesitant about eating mayonnaise? Go ahead and make any of the recipes above and enjoy them occasionally with your favorite dishes. Also, consider eating them in moderation so you don’t consume too many calories.