Four Homemade Apple Pie Recipes
There are lots of delicious apple pie recipes out there to choose from. The best ones are those that use 100% natural ingredients.
According to a study published in EXCLI Journal – Experimental and Clinical Sciences, apples are a very healthy fruit. In addition to being a good source of vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber, they contain antioxidants like flavonoids and anthocyanins which are both thought to be beneficial to your health.
Scientists associate the regular consumption of flavonoids with a reduction in chronic illnesses such as cancer or degenerative disorders. Other studies show that anthocyanins could have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-microbial, and anti-carcinogenic properties.
In addition to its potential health benefits, apples are easy to incorporate into your regular diet. That’s because you can eat them by themselves or in a variety of recipes. Today, we’ll share several recipes for apple pie that you can enjoy as an everyday dessert or for special occasions. Happy cooking!
1. Classic apple pie
You can prepare this first recipe with red or yellow apples. It’s perfect if you are just learning how to make desserts because it only has a few steps and it’s quite simple.
If you want, you can fill the pie with pastry cream, though it will taste delicious either way.
- 2 cups of flour for sponge cake (300 g)
- Three eggs
- 1 cup of milk (250 ml)
- 1 cup of oil (125 ml)
- Four apples, cut into cubes
- Three tablespoons of corn starch (30 g)
- Vanilla (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- First, beat the eggs and add the sugar.
- While mixing, slowly add the vanilla and milk to the mixture.
- Then, add the flour and beat until the preparation is smooth.
- Next, cut the apples into cubes, removing the cores.
- Coat the apple cubes in flour and corn starch.
- Add the apples to the previous mixture.
- Put the whole mixture in an oiled and floured round pan.
- bake the pie at medium temperature for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool before removing from the mold.
- Finally, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
2. Caramelized apple pie
If you like caramel, you should try this second recipe. The lime zest is the key because it enhances the flavors of the other ingredients.
- 5 large apples
- 3 cups of flour (300 g)
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ cups of sugar (300 g)
- 1.5 cups of milk (150 ml)
- Lemon zest (to taste)
- 1 cup of oil (125 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder (20 g)
- First, place a cup of sugar with a little water in a saucepan and place it in the oven until it turns caramel. Set aside.
- Then, wash, peel and cut the apples into slices.
- Place them on top of the caramel.
- In a separate bowl, place the remaining sugar, eggs, vanilla and lemon zest.
- Then, beat the mixture well until the sugar dissolves.
- Gradually add the oil, beating at medium speed.
- Add the flour, the baking powder, and the milk until it forms a medium-consistency dough.
- Pour the mixture over the apples and caramel.
- Place it in the oven, at a temperature of 180°C for 45 minutes.
- After, let cool and turn over onto a tray.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon to taste and serve.
3. Apple and almond pie
The almonds in this recipe give the dessert great flavor and a nice crunch. Are you ready to try it?
- 6 egg whites
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup milk (250 ml)
- 4 large green apples
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups of sugar (350 g)
- 2.5 cups of margarine (250 g)
- 5 cups of flour for biscuits (500 g)
- 4 cups of chopped toasted almonds (400 g)
- First, preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Butter and put flour on a mold of about 26 centimeters in diameter.
- Wash, peel and remove the seeds of the apples.
- Cut them into medium pieces.
- Then, place the apples together with the cinnamon and a cup of sugar in a large pot.
- Keep on high heat until the sugar melts and the apple is firm.
- Allow to cool, strain the liquid and mix it with the milk. Set aside the apples.
- Using an electric mixer, mix the margarine with the rest of the sugar in a bowl.
- Add the yolks one by one.
- Add the flour, milk, and vanilla.
- Beat at low speed. Set aside.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and add them to the previous mixture.
- Add the apples that we had set aside and the toasted almonds.
- Finally, bake the preparation for about 45 minutes. It’s ready when you can pierce it with a toothpick and it comes out clean.
Check out: Delicious Green Apple and Celery Salad
4. Puff pastry apple pie
We couldn’t forget to include a puff pastry recipe. Puff pastry is light and crunchy and delicious.
- 1 rectangular sheet of refrigerated puff pastry
- 3 medium apples
- 4tablespoons of sugar (45 g)
- 6 tablespoons of butter (60 g)
- 1 cup of honey (100 g)
- Powdered sugar to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- With vegetable paper, line a baking tray.
- On a greased butter and floured surface, spread the puff pastry with a rolling pin. Then, cut the irregular edges and place it on the lined tray.
- Puncture the puff pastry dough with a fork, so that it doesn’t inflate too much when baked.
- Then, cut the (peeled and cored) apples in slices and distributed throughout the dough.
- Sprinkle with sugar and spread on the butter on the surface, cut into cubes.
- Then, bake for 25 minutes or until the puff pastry is browned and the apples are tender.
- In the microwave, melt the honey for 30 seconds. With it, glaze the pie.
- Then, bake it for five more minutes.
- Finally, remove the vegetable paper and let it cool.
- To finish, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Are you still waiting to try one of these recipes? Wait no longer! Choose the one that sounds the best, and enjoy it with your whole family. Keep in mind to eat it in moderation, since you don’t want to overdo it with the calories. As always, if you have any conditions like obesity or diabetes, ask your nutritionist before trying these recipes.It might interest you...