Apples are one of the healthiest fruits we can eat.
They rejuvenate your skin and decreases the risk of heart attacks. Plus, they’re rich in vitamins A, B and C, and help reduce blood cholesterol.
In this article, you’ll learn about four homemade apple pie recipes.
These four homemade apple pie recipes, besides being easy to prepare, are really delicious:
1. Simple apple cake
- 2 cups of flour for sponge cake (300 g)
- Three eggs
- 2 ½ glasses of milk (300 ml)
- ½ cup of oil (125 ml)
- Three apples, cut into cubes
- Three tablespoons of corn starch (30 g)
- First, beat the eggs and add the sugar, oil, milk and vanilla essence.
- Then, add the flour and beat until the preparation is smooth.
- Next, add the (cubed and passed through flour and corn starch) apples to the previous mixture.
- In a previously oiled and floured round pan, bake the preparation at medium temperature for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool, un-mold and sprinkle with sugar or icing.
- If desired, you can fill the cake with cream.
2. Caramelized apple cake
- 2 cups of flour (300 g)
- 1 ½ cup of sugar (300 g)
- ½ cup of oil (125 ml)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder (20 g)
- ¾ glass of milk (150 ml)
- Grated lemon (to taste)
- 5 large apples
- First, place a cup of sugar with a little water in a saucepan and place it in the oven until it turns caramel. Set aside.
- Then, wash, peel and cut the apples into slices and place them on top of the caramel.
- Apart, in a bowl, place the remaining sugar cup, eggs, vanilla and lemon zest.
- Then, beat the mixture well until the sugar dissolves. Gradually add the oil, beating at medium speed.
- Add the flour, the baking powder and the milk until it forms a medium-consistency dough.
- Pour the mixture over the apples and caramel and place it in the oven, at a temperature of 180 ° C for 45 minutes.
- After, let cool and turn over onto a tray.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon to taste and serve.
3. Apple and almond cake
- 4 large green apples
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon (10 g)
- 1 cup of margarine (250 g)
- 1 ½ cup of sugar (350 g)
- 6 eggs, separated the whites of the yolks
- 2 cups of flour for biscuits (500 g)
- 2 cups of chopped toasted almonds (400 g)
- 1 cup of milk (250 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla (10 g)
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Butter and put flour on a mold of about 26 centimeters in diameter.
- Wash, peel and remove the seeds of the apples. Cut them into medium pieces.
- Then, place the apples together with the cinnamon and a cup of sugar in a large pot. Keep on high heat until the sugar melts and the apple is firm.
- Allow to cool, strain the liquid and mix it with the milk. Set aside the apples.
- Using an electric mixer, mix the margarine with the rest of the sugar in a bowl. Add the yolks one by one.
- Add the flour, milk and vanilla, beating at low speed. Set aside.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and add them to the previous mixture.
- Add the apples that we had set aside and the toasted almonds.
- Finally, bake the preparation for about 45 minutes. It’s ready when you can pierce it with a toothpick and it comes out clean.
4. Puff pastry apple cake
- 1 rectangular sheet of refrigerated puff pastry
- 3 medium apples
- 3 tablespoons of sugar (45 g)
- 3 tablespoons of butter (60 g)
- 4 tablespoons of honey (100 g)
- Glass sugar to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- With vegetable paper, line a baking tray.
- On a greased butter and floured surface, spread the puff pastry with a rolling pin. Then, cut the irregular edges and place it on the lined tray.
- Puncture the puff pastry dough with a fork, so that it doesn’t inflate too much when baked.
- Then, cut the (peeled and cored) apples in slices and distributed throughout the dough.
- Sprinkle with sugar and spread on the butter on the surface, cut into cubes.
- Then, bake for 25 minutes or until the puff pastry is browned and the apples are tender.
- In the microwave, melt the honey for 30 seconds. With it, glaze the cake.
- Then, bake it for five more minutes.
- Finally, remove the vegetable paper and let it cool.
- To finish, sprinkle with icing or sugar.