Four Efficient Ways to Get Rid of Foot Bulges
In-soles and proper footwear can help prevent the appearance of bunions and relieve discomfort. Likewise, losing weight minimizes pressure on the feet.
Foot bulges or deformations, known as bunions, may appear due to incorrect footwear, genetics, or age, amongst other factors.
They can deform the bone of the big toe and eventually deform the foot completely and cause serious problems.
For some people, it’s just an aesthetic problem, but the truth is that it can be very painful.
That is why most people seek to eliminate them in order to feel more comfortable on the beach or to avoid the inconvenience when walking.
Techniques for removing growths on your feet without having to resort to surgery
1. Suitable footwear
Women are more prone to suffer this deformation.
Scientists and doctors agree that the use of appropriate footwear is the key, both for the prevention and for the treatment of foot growths and deformations.
High-heeled and pointed shoes are not recommended.
- Footwear with a heel support
- Shoes that don’t press on the foot
- Quality shoes, made with natural materials that adapt to the foot, without hurting it
- Sandals with separators that keep the big toe away
- Shoes that don’t alter your body’s natural posture
- Get rid of shoes in the form of a “V”
2. Use correctors and special in-soles
There are splints or correctors that should be used constantly for a certain time to correct bone deformities.
Night correctors will help reduce pain and prevent the growth of a bunion by pressing on the joint.
- They should be used throughout the night.
- When you get up in the morning, remove it and wipe it with a rag or wet towel to prevent the accumulation of sweat or dirt.
- To achieve visible results, you must be consistent and put the corrector on the bunion every night.
Personalized orthopaedic insoles, on the other hand, are very useful if the symptom is pain located under the ball of the foot, since they help comfort and the foot does not continue to deform.
3. Exercises that will help you remove foot bulges
Exercising your feet daily will help you improve your movement and flexibility and strengthen your muscles, as well as reduce bunions or prevent them appearing.
These exercises will take from 20 to 30 minutes a day:
- Sitting on a chair, support your foot on your thigh.
- Take a small ball and roll it across the front of your sole.
- Do this for 5 or 10 minutes a day.
- Sit on a chair and rest the sole of your foot on the palm of your hand.
- Interlock the fingers of the hand with those of the foot and bend them very gently, first forward and backward and then up and down.
- Do this for between 5 and 10 minutes a day.
- Try stretching the toes forward for 10 seconds.
- Then try to grab something from the ground with them, for 10 more seconds.
- Repeat this exercise several times.
4. Increase circulation in your feet
Jacuzzis, hot compresses, and baths with herbal salts, all increase the circulation of the area and help reduce inflammation and aid healing.
Epsom salts contain high levels of magnesium that help regulate the body’s natural pH, relieving swelling and pain caused by growths on your feet.
- 2 tbsps. of Epsom salts (24 g)
- Water (obviously)
- Lavender and chamomile essential oil
- Dissolve two tablespoons of Epsom salt in a tub of warm or lukewarm water.
- Soak your feet for 20 minutes until the water starts to cool.
- To finish, apply a massage with natural essential oil which can be lavender with chamomile.
Chamomile essential oil has anti-inflammatory properties which provides quick relief and is a natural product. You can apply the oil directly on the area and you will feel great relief.
Recommendations for avoiding growths on your feet
- Avoid being overweight, so as not to overload your feet as this may contribute to growths or bunions.
- Follow a healthy diet, a balanced diet with fruits and vegetables without saturated fats.
- Increase your consumption of vitamins A, C, D and calcium.
- Perform exercises daily, wearing proper footwear.
- If you have any questions or if you have severe pain, it’s best that you consult your doctor in case you need to consider surgery.