How do you feel about your body? For some people, losing weight is their biggest concern. However, there are other things to consider that are equally if not more important. One of them is gaining muscle.
This article is meant for people who are very skinny and have lost a lot of body fat, or think that they need more muscle mass. Below you can find out about four breakfasts that will help you build muscle.
You’ll see that you can reach your goal in a simple, practical, and delicious manner. Try all of these recipes and eat them often. The best part is that you won’t get bored with their different flavors and textures.
1. Greek yogurt
The first muscle-building breakfast uses Greek yogurt’s famous properties. One of its benefits is its high protein content and its smooth consistency. You can always add some variety to the flavor by just adding some ingredients. This will make your breakfasts more interesting and enjoyable.
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt (280 g)
- ½ cup of natural oatmeal (45 g)
- 5 drops of vanilla extract
- 5 sliced almonds
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl or jar.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, eat the mixture for breakfast.
If you want a touch of sweetness, change the almonds for raisins, dried blueberries, or fruit.
Read this article too:
2. Egg sandwich with whole wheat bread
You can’t deny that eggs are one of the easiest things to cook and to include in a diet. They’re also the star of this second muscle-building recipe. Furthermore, yolks provide good, quality fat that are good for your heart and arteries. As for the whole wheat bread, it provides fiber and energy.
- 2 scrambled eggs
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- Cook your eggs like you usually do and make your sandwich.
- Eat right away.
Note: If you want a little energy boost, add some vegetables to this sandwich. To avoid getting bored with its flavor, try out different combinations (eggs with peppers, spinach, etc.).
3. Cottage cheese and fruit
Who doesn’t like cottage cheese? It’s a delicious alternative for yogurt.
Try cottage cheese, when your taste buds want a break from Greek yogurt. It has the same nutrients and is prefect for any muscle-building breakfast.
The best part is that you can eat it at any time of day.
- 1 cup of cottage cheese (216 g)
- 1 whole or part of a fruit (apple, peach, ½ banana, 6 strawberries, etc.)
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Combine the two ingredients and eat.
Remember not to add any artificial sweeteners. Cottage cheese has a light flavor that doesn’t need much to bring it out. If you’d like a little more flavor, add a few drops of vanilla or a pinch of cinnamon.
To make it a complete breakfast, add one or two slices of whole wheat bread.
Check out this article too:
Are you looking for a way to increase your muscle mass with something creamy and sweet? If the previous options aren’t tempting, try this one. It’s delicious, rich in complex carbohydrates, protein, and natural fat. Likewise, it’s great for both children and adults. It’s a perfect alternative for commercial sweet creams with chocolate or hazelnut.
- 1 cup of uncooked oatmeal (240 g)
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter (30 g)
- ½ cup of low-fat milk (125 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon (15 g)
- 1 tablespoon of plain or vanilla-flavored protein powder (15 g)
- A few drops of stevia
- Blend all of the ingredients for a few minutes.
After blending you will have a cream that’s good for spreading onto your bread. If you prefer a more liquid cream, add milk until you’ve reached the desired consistency. As you can see, there really are muscle-building breakfasts that are delicious, practical, and easy to make.