Four Delicious Breakfasts to Increase Muscle Mass
For some people, their main goal is to lose weight, but maybe in your case it’s to increase your muscle mass. If so, here are some breakfast options to increase your muscle mass.
You’ll see that the way to reach your goal can be both simple and delicious. Give these recipes a try and maintain a balance in your diet. And if you wish, invent your own variations.
Always keep in mind what your needs are and what your doctor and nutritionist recommended you. Also, don’t forget that creativity is always important when it comes to cooking, so dare to customize each meal according to your taste and not only your needs.
1. Greek yogurt
The first muscle-building breakfast uses the famous properties of Greek yoghurt. One of its benefits is its high protein content and its smooth consistency.
Even if we suggest a recipe, remember that you can adapt it to vary the flavors. This will make your breakfasts more interesting and enjoyable.
- 5 sliced almonds
- 5 drops of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt (280 g)
- ½ cup of natural oatmeal (45 g)
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl or jar.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, eat the mix for breakfast.
Note: if you want a touch of sweetness, change the almonds for raisins, dried blueberries, or fruit.
Read this article too: Build Muscle Mass and Burn Fat with These Quick Tips
2. Egg sandwich with whole wheat bread
You can’t deny that eggs are one of the easiest things to cook and include in a diet. They’re also the star of this second muscle-building recipe.
Furthermore, yolks provide good, quality fat that’s good for your heart and arteries. As for the whole wheat bread, it provides fiber and energy.
- 2 scrambled eggs
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- Cook your eggs like you usually do and make your sandwich.
- Finally, eat right away if you don’t want it to get cold.
Note: If you want a little energy boost, add some vegetables to this sandwich. To avoid getting bored with its flavor, try out different combinations (eggs with peppers, spinach, etc.).
3. Fruit and cottage cheese
Cottage cheese is a delicious alternative for yogurt. It has a creamy substance and can help to create healthy and appetizing breakfasts. However, it should always be included in moderation.
When your taste buds want a break from Greek yogurt, try including some cottage cheese in your breakfasts in order to increase your muscle mass.
- 1 cup of cottage cheese (216 g)
- 1 whole or part of a fruit (apple, peach, ½ banana, 6 strawberries, etc.)
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Combine the two ingredients in a bowl.
- Lastly, eat with moderation.
Note: avoid the temptation to add artificial sweeteners. Cottage cheese has a flavor that doesn’t need much to stand out. However, if you want to give it an extra kick, add a few drops of vanilla or a pinch of cinnamon.
To accompany this recipe and make it a complete breakfast, add one or two slices of whole wheat bread.
Check out this article too: Gain Muscle with this Vegan Diet
4. Oat and vanilla cream
Are you looking for a way to increase your muscle mass with something creamy and sweet? If the options above aren’t convincing, try this one.
Oat and vanilla cream is delicious, rich in complex carbohydrates, protein and natural fat. Moreover, it’s great for both children and adults. In fact, it’s a perfect alternative to commercial sweet creams with chocolate or hazelnut.
- 1 cup of uncooked oatmeal (240 g)
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter (30 g)
- ½ cup of low-fat milk (125 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon (15 g)
- 1 tablespoon of plain or vanilla-flavored protein powder (15 g)
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until homogenized.
- In case you prefer a more liquid cream, add milk until you obtain the desired consistency.
- Spread a little of this cream on toast or eat it as a puree in moderation.
Ready to eat breakfast and gain muscle mass?
As you can see, there are several breakfast options to increase your muscle mass that are delicious, practical and easy to prepare. Of course, the options we present are a guide, then you can gradually make your own combinations.
Finally, if you have any doubts about how to follow a balanced diet according to your body’s needs, or how to make breakfast rich in proteins and other nutrients, consult a nutritionist. The professional will always be able to tell you what’s best for you and why.It might interest you...