Four Breakfasts with Chia Seeds that You'll Love
Eating breakfasts with chia seeds will give you extra nutrients and energy to face the day. Plus, they'll also help you take care of your digestive health.
Breakfasts with chia seeds are a great way to start your day with a boost of energy. Thanks to the nutritional properties of this superfood, it can help you maintain a healthy weight and stay in good health if you eat it regularly.
Also, it’s great because it’s so versatile and can easily be combined with other foods. Additionally, it’s one of the best options for giving your body everything it needs because of its dietary fiber, amino acids and healthy fats.
Do you want to enjoy quick and healthy breakfasts with chia seeds?
Then don’t hesitate to try these four recipes with Chia seeds that we’re going to share with you. But first, let’s look at this food’s main benefits.
The Benefits of Chia Seeds
Chia seeds have gained a lot of fame in recent years since so many celebrities in Hollywood recommend them for diets. They’re originally from Guatemala and Mexico, but nowadays they can be purchased all over the world.
They have a slight nutty flavor, so they’re great for mixing with fruit and yogurt. Also, they’re a fairly unique because they take on a gelatinous texture if you put them in water for a few hours.
So, why should you eat them?
- Thanks to their high omega 3 fatty acid content, chia seeds help control high cholesterol and protect cardiovascular health.
- Their proteins and carbs help increase energy levels, which improves physical and mental productivity.
- These seeds contain amino acids that support weight loss and muscle mass formation.
- Because of their antioxidants, they protect cells and decrease the risks of premature aging.
- Their dietary fibers improve the digestive process and reduce problems like constipation and heartburn.
- They contain anti-inflammatory properties that help relieve sore muscles and joints.
- Chia seeds contain tryptophan with helps with serotonin production. This helps control anxiety, depression and sleep problems.
Discover: 8 Surprising Benefits of Chia Seeds
Four Breakfasts with Chia Seeds that You Should Try
Breakfasts with Chia seeds are healthy recipes that recharge the body with all the nutrients it needs to function. Since they give you energy, these seeds support the metabolic functions that will help you lose weight, without going hungry.
Try them out!
1. Greek yogurt with Chia seeds
This delicious breakfast option contains high quality proteins that help you gain muscle mass. It’s also a source of probiotics, which regulate your digestive pH and help reduce inflammation and constipation.
Read this article: Probiotic Foods for a Healthier Gut Flora
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (125 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of Chia seeds (15 g)
- Any fruits you’d like (we recommend banana, kiwi or strawberries)
- Pour the greek yogurt into a bowl. Then, add the Chia seeds.
- Add the fruits that you want and stir everything together with a spoon.
2. Mango smoothie with yogurt and Chia seeds
This is definitely one of the fastest and most delicious ways to make breakfast with Chia seeds.
This smoothie contains dietary fiber, which improves digestion and helps with anxiety. Also, it contains small amounts of amino acids, which are recommended for metabolic and muscular health.
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 cup of natural yogurt (200 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of Chia seeds (30 g)
- Take the flesh of a ripe mango and put it in the blender.
- Add the plain yogurt and blend for a bit.
- When it’s ready, add the Chia seeds and enjoy!
3. Oatmeal and Chia seeds
Oatmeal is the perfect option for a little more time in the morning to make more complex breakfast recipes. You just have to invest 15 minutes and the result is simply delicious, nutritious and energizing.
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- 1 cup of oatmeal (105 g)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon powder (30 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of honey (50 g)
- Salt (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons of Chia seeds (60 g)
- Pour the water, cinnamon and vanilla into a pot and bring it to a boil.
- When it starts to boil, add the oats and lower the heat to its minimum.
- Let it cook for 5-8 more minutes.
- Then, take it off the stove and let it cool.
- Add honey and salt.
- Pour the oatmeal into a bowl and add the Chia seeds.
Note: If you want to, you can also add nuts, berries or sliced bananas.
4. Flour pancakes and Chia seeds
These delicious pancakes are made with flour and Chia seeds. They’re a great replacement for those refined options that are sold at the supermarket. Also, they’re low in calories and they control your hunger for a while.
- 3 cups of whole wheat flour (375 g)
- 1 tablespoon of Chia seeds (15 g)
- 1/2 glass of water (100 ml)
- Salt (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons chopped nuts (45 g)
- Olive oil (as needed)
- Put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl, except the olive oil.
- Mix everything well until you have a thick batter.
- Then, cover it with a cloth and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, sprinkle a pan with olive oil and use small amounts of the batter to make the pancakes.
- Cook them on both sides until they’re golden brown.
As you can see, making your breakfasts with Chia seeds is very simple and delicious. If you haven’t tried them yet, go ahead and make any of the recipes we mentioned above. You’ll love chia seeds and their benefits!