3 Foot Fungus Remedies for a Total Solution
In addition to treatments, prevention is essential for eliminating foot fungus: wear cotton socks and expose your feet to the sun.
One day, you realize that your feet are stinging like never before. In fact, you’ve been experiencing strange discomfort in the area for a while, but you have not given foot fungus much thought.
However, that day it bothers you a lot, to the point that you are looking forward to coming home so you can go barefoot. You finally do it, and what do you find?
The skin has lost its smoothness. Now, it is rougher than normal, and one of the nails is a strange color.
Believe it or not, this scene is more normal than you’d think and, of course, you will recognize that you have foot fungus, otherwise known as “athlete’s foot”.
Although it is a very common condition, many of those who suffer from it feel a certain shame, since popular culture attributes it to a lack of personal hygiene. However, it is not necessarily the case.
We are talking about an infection that is caused by excess moisture. Therefore, it is not about lack of cleanliness, but rather about perspiration.
This is where you should look for the origin of foot fungus. Knowing this, the remedies you use to eliminate it must address this process and act as antiseptics.
So you stop the cause and the effect.
3 Remedies to eliminate foot fungus
1. Prepared apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a very powerful natural antibiotic. When it comes to an infection, it is always a good option to turn to.
However, the remedy we propose includes ingredients that are ideal supplements for any antibiotic.
- 2 lemons
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ glass of water (100 ml)
- 1 branch of rosemary
- 1 glass of vinegar (200 ml)
- Cut the lemons into slices and remove the skin from the garlic.
- Boil the water with the lemons, garlic and rosemary, and let the decoction brew for a few minutes.
- After the indicated time, remove it from the fire so that it cools down.
- Once cold, add the vinegar and stir to mix well. Strain it.
- Before applying it to your feet, make sure that the area is clean.
- To do this, use natural soap and water, and then dry them. Remember that humidity is fatal.
- Then, apply the preparation as many times as you need until the infection clears.
We recommend you read: The 7 best domestic uses for apple cider vinegar
2. Tea tree oil for foot fungus
When there is foot fungus, it does not always accumulate on the skin. In fact, it is very common for it to be concentrated on the nails. You will notice your nails have a purple color.
Sometimes, you will even see the nails fall apart little by little. If you have noticed these symptoms, tea tree oil is the best option.
Its greatest virtue is that it works directly against the cause of the infection, so it not only serves to alleviate its symptoms, but to end the cause.
Many people who suffer from this problem complain that once it has appeared, fungus re-emerges every so often.
However, tea tree oil is very effective in preventing future episodes, precisely because of its ability to attack the source.
You can buy it in a herbal store, and it is even available in some large stores.
3. Lavender oil
Lavender oil is a very effective anti-fungal but, in addition to its healing properties, it also provides a protective layer.
Thus, despite your tendency to suffer from this type of problem, you will have an ally against it.
- Apply it 3 times a day, using the dispenser. Put about three drops in the affected area and let it dry.
- Do not forget to wash and dry your feet beforehand, otherwise the remedy will lose strength.
As with tea tree oil, you can buy it in large stores and in shops selling natural products.
Ultimately, we would like to remind you that prevention is essential in this area. As we said, try to avoid moisture and try to allow the foot to breathe as much as possible.
To do this, always wear cotton socks and expose your feet to the sun, when you have the opportunity.
These two simple actions can greatly impede the survival of microorganisms.