In addition to providing us with lots of energy, this banana bread doesn’t require any flours nor dairy products to make, making it easier to digest and apt for everybody.
Is it better to avoid flour?
Most nutritionists advise against abusing flour consumption. This is especially true for refined flour, since it’s harmful for our intestine and health in the long term.
However, we can feel free to eat whole wheat flour from not only wheat, but different grains as well: rye, spelt, buckwheat, etc.
Every rule has its exception. In this case, people with celiac disease, or with gluten intolerance, can’t eat certain flours because their bodies reject them. As a result, they need to turn to other alternatives.
Regardless of if we have or don’t have a special condition, everyone should follow a complete and balanced diet. We should aim to balance the portions of proteins, fat, fiber and carbohydrates.
Is is better to avoid dairy products?
In the case of dairy products, most people are unaware that after infancy, we lose an enzyme known as lactase, which is responsible for digesting lactose.
As time goes on, we realize that milk doesn’t always go down so well, gives us acid or makes us bloated. Furthermore, it’s even more complicated because these days, it’s hard to find natural high-quality milk.
We recommend that you opt for other healthier dairy products such as natural yogurt, kefir or ghee (clarified butter). You should also substitute milk for alternative milks for both drinking and cooking.
By doing so, you’ll prevent getting weighed down and avoid stomach problems.
The banana is a very special fruit. It has a wonderful, sweet flavor and very nutritious properties. In addition, it’s very convenient to eat at any moment.
Although bananas fall in the fruit category, from a nutritional standpoint, they share more resemblance to carbohydrates such as potatoes or pumpkins.
Bananas have a bad reputation of being a fattening food that overweight people should avoid. However, their high sugar content is balanced out by its high fiber content that helps the body use the glucose. They’re very low in fat as well.
We recommend that you read: 6 Unique and Easy Ways to Use Banans
Below, we’ve made a list of all their health benefits. Bananas:
- Fight hypertension.
- Provide energy and vitality. They’re great for kids, athletes and people who are physically and intellectually active.
- Their potassium content aids in liquid elimination.
- Their filling, diuretic properties and fiber content make them great for weight-loss diets.
- The magnesium content found in bananas benefit muscle and nervous system health.
- Bananas are helpful for digestive disorders such as acid or gastric ulcers.
- Eating bananas slows down cerebral aging and promotes good concentration and memory.
Banana bread recipe
In order to make this recipe, we’ll need the following ingredients:
- 3 eggs
- 6 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup of shredded coconut (80 g)
- 1 cup of raisins (160 g)
- ½ cup of olive, sunflower or coconut oil (100 cc)
- ½ cup of an alternative milk such as oat, coconut, rice, almond, etc. (100 ml)
- 3 tablespoons of honey (90 g)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract (15 ml)
In order to prepare this simple banana bread, we’ll just need to follow these steps:
- Use a mixer throughout the entire recipe.
- Before you begin making the bread, preheat the oven to 180º C (356º F).
- Beat the three eggs for one minute.
- Add in the liquid ingredients: oil, alternative milk and vanilla extract. Beat all the ingredients together.
- After, mix in the dry ingredients: bananas, shredded coconut and honey.
- Once everything is mixed together, stir in the raisins and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a square or rectangular mold and bake it at 180º C (356º F) for 30 or 40 minutes.
- After said time, check to see if the banana bread is cooked on the inside.
- You can decorate the banana bread with shredded coconut, raisins and banana slices.
- This bread is also delicious with whipped cream (if you’re not lactose intolerant).