Damaged hair - five natural remedies to repair it
How would you like to look healthy and have shiny hair? In addition to improving your life habits, there are some natural remedies you can try to help repair your damaged hair. Check them out.
In order to repair damaged hair, you’ll need patience, above all. Keep in mind that no product will give you immediate results, regardless of their marketing propaganda. While there may be some improvement right after an application, it’s only through continuous use and the implementation of various care techniques that you’ll achieve your goal.
Because hair is often the most striking feature in people, you should learn how to take care of it in order to look great. Below, we’ll give you five natural remedies to help repair it.
Five Remedies to Repair Damaged Hair
Whether it’s due to excessive coloring, inappropriate products, the use of hot irons, or exposure to extreme sunlight, two of the most characteristic features of damaged are lack of luster and dryness. Additionally, this is accompanied by weak strands and split ends.
According to a study published in Dermatology Practical & Conceptual, the deficiency of some nutrients can lead to damage in the hair structure. Also to excessive hair loss problems.
So, before trying any treatment, you have to review your lifestyle and your diet. Try to reduce your exposure to those habits that damage your hair. Then you can try some external products to help revitalize it. Today we’ll reveal some natural alternatives for this purpose.
1. Avocado-Honey-Egg Mask
Avocado is a food rich in essential nutrients, according to information in Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition. It provides proteins, fatty acids, minerals and antioxidant substances, such as vitamins C and E. It’s for this reason that it’s the main ingredient in this hair mask.
Similarly, honey is a source of proteins and amino acids, vitamins, enzymes, minerals and other minor components that provide dermatological benefits. This, as compiled by a publication in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology. Thus, combined with avocado and egg, it helps revitalize your hair.
- 1 avocado
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 1 egg yolk
- First, mix all of the ingredients in a bowl. Mix them well.
- Next, apply this mixture all over your hair after shampooing it as usual.
- Finally, leave it on for thirty minutes.
- Then, rinse it out with cold water.
2. Repair your damaged hair with a rinse of olive oil-mayonnaise
Vegetable oils are the best when it comes to repairing damaged hair. In fact, olive oil contains healthy fats that help moisturize and seal the hair cuticle.
In this case, we’ll blend it with mayonnaise and egg to obtain a more complete home treatment. You can use it twice a week for best results.
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- Mix the mayonnaise and oil in a bowl.
- Next, add the egg and mix it to a smooth consistency.
- Then, apply this mixture to clean hair and leave it on for twenty minutes.
- Next, remove the mixture with plenty of water.
Discover: Four Tea Tree Oil Masks for Hair Loss
3. Egg yolk-olive oil hair mask
Dry, damaged hair tends to split when you try to untangle it. These knots are quite unbearable and not conducive to healthy hair. However, the knots will go away after you moisturize your hair with this egg yolk and olive oil mask.
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- Crack the egg and separate the yolk from the white.
- Then, mix the yolk and the olive oil.
- Next, moisten your hair and apply this mixture.
- Leave on for at least 20 minutes.
4. Repair your damaged hair with castor and soybean oil
Castor oil is common among hair home remedies because it doesn’t just make it manageable again; it also strengthens it as per this study published in the International Journal of Trichology.
- 1 tbsp of soybean oil
- 3 tbsp of castor oil
- Place both types of oil in a pot.
- Then, heat at medium flame. Remove the pot from the heat as soon as the oil begins to heat up. Don’t let it boil.
- Next, let it cool down a little at room temperature and then apply it to slightly moist hair throughout the scalp with a gentle massage.
- Wrap your hair in a towel or a plastic bag and let it act for 15 minutes.
- Finally, comb your hair slowly and then rinse thoroughly with warm water.
5. Almond oil-honey-egg mask
If you also have split ends, then use this natural mask often to restore health and beauty to your hair. All ingredients are highly moisturizing and also provide softness and shine.
- 3 tbsp of almond oil
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1 whole egg
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl large enough to stir.
- Then, blend them to a smooth consistency.
- Next, apply this mixture to your mane and let it act for 20 minutes.
- Then, rinse it all off with lukewarm water.
Keep in Mind
Keep in mind that these remedies won’t have instant effects and you should use them regularly. Also, you must do them in conjunction with other measures in order to recover your mane’s health. So, be sure you eat a healthy diet, drink plenty of water and use the appropriate products for your type of hair.