5 Juices to Reduce Bloating and Gas
Your stomach is one of the most sensitive parts of your body, and it can easily get inflamed or bloated when you eat foods that irritate it, have premenstrual syndrome, are experiencing constipation or gas, and more.
In addition to being very uncomfortable, bloating is a real annoyance because it can make you appear as if you’ve gained several extra pounds.
The good news is that you don’t have to wait for the bloating to go away on its own, because there are some aids to prevent this problem and the gas that sometimes accompanies it.
In today’s article we’re going to share five excellent juice recipes that combine the properties of several different fruits to help flatten your stomach and prevent many of the digestive problems that lead to bloating.
Aloe vera juice
Aloe vera is a plant with countless medicinal qualities, among them being an excellent digestive aid.
By having a mild laxative effect they promote healthy bowel movements, facilitating the elimination of gas and helping to cleanse your colon.
- ½ cup of aloe vera gel
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of liquid chlorophyll (15 ml)
- ½ cup of water (100 ml)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Drink this juice on an empty stomach and wait at least another half hour before eating breakfast.
Want to know more? Read: 10 Spectacular Uses for Aloe Vera
Papaya, oat, and flaxseed juice
These three ingredients, when combined, make a juice that’s very high in fiber, vitamins, antioxidants, and enzymes to improve your digestion, prevent constipation, and reduce bloating.
Added to these benefits is the fact that it’s a satisfying and nutrient-rich beverage that can be used as a complement for any weight loss program.
- 1 cup of papaya, chopped (140 g)
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed (10 g)
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of raw oats (20 g)
- A little honey (not sugar)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and process them for a few minutes until smooth. Serve without straining.
- It’s recommended that you drink this for one week straight on an empty stomach, and then wait another week before repeating the cycle.
Pineapple, grapefruit, and green tea juice
When waste builds up in your intestines and digestion becomes difficult, it usually creates a series of problems that include bloating, gas, and general discomfort.
This natural juice combines the excellent benefits of citrus fruit and green tea to make a powerful detox for the colon.
- ¾ cup of crushed pineapple (116 g)
- The juice of 1 lemon
- The juice of 1 fresh grapefruit
- 1 cup of green tea (250 ml)
- Honey (optional)
- Add all ingredients to the blender except for the lemon juice, and blend for a few seconds until they’re well incorporated.
- Add the lemon juice and serve on an empty stomach for 21 days.
Carrot juice, garlic, and alfalfa
Toxins that build up in the digestive tract can cause bloating, gas, indigestion, and other problems.
This juice is designed to remove any waste that’s built up and promote the growth of healthy intestinal flora.
- 1 cup of carrot juice (200 ml)
- 1 clove of raw garlic
- 1 sprig of celery
- 1 handful of alfalfa sprouts
- Juice the carrot and the celery, and add them to your blender along with the garlic and alfalfa.
- Process all ingredients for a couple of minutes and drink it without straining.
- Consume this on an empty stomach, or wait at least two hours before eating a main meal.
Plum and apple juice
Fiber is an essential ingredient for good digestive health and bowel function.
This recipe made with plums and apple is rich in fiber to fight constipation, eliminate gases, and help you achieve a flatter stomach.
- 5 fresh plums
- ½ apple with peel
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Honey (optional)
- Process all ingredients in a blender until the desired consistency is reached, and drink it immediately to take advantage of all its benefits.
- Drink this on an empty stomach and wait at least 40 minutes before a meal.
Please read: 4 Ways to Lose Weight in the Morning
If you experience bloating on a regular basis, you should probably make some improvements to your diet and stop eating:
- Red meat
- Dairy products
- Refined flour
If your problems remain despite trying these juice recipes and changing your diet, you should talk with your doctor to rule out any food allergies or a chronic health problem.