Find Quick Relief from the Flu with Elderberry
The flu is an infectious disease that speeds easily and affects a person’s respiratory tract. Today, we’ll discover how to speed up relief from the flu with elderberry, a very special plant.
In this article, we’ll offer details on how this plant can bring you fast relief from the symptoms of the flu. That way, next time you’re ill, you can reach for this natural remedy to feel better in no time.
Speed up relief from the flu with elderberry
To obtain fast relief from the flu with elderberry, you’ll first need to prepare an infusion with the flowers from this plant. This requires several ingredients that will bring about optimal results.
Elderberry flowers, just as this article explains, are commonly used in phytotherapy thanks to the beneficial properties they offer.
Although you can purchase prefabricated elderberry tea, it’s best to prepare it on your own. If you do, you’ll be able to reap the maximum benefits that this plant offers when it comes to flu relief.
- 1/2 cup of elderberry fruit.
- 1 piece of ginger.
- The juice of 1/2 lemon.
- 1 tablespoon of honey.
- 2 cups of water.
- Heat a pan or teapot of water on the stove.
- When the water starts to boil, at the ginger and elderberry.
- Allow it to steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain and then add honey and lemon juice.
Once you’ve prepared this infusion, you can use it in order to find fast relief from your symptoms. Next, we’ll suggest several other ways that you can reduce the symptoms of the flu with elderberry.
Several options for finding relief from the flu with elderberry
1. Drink the elderberry infusion
Drinking the infusion you made is the easiest way to speed up relief from the flu with elderberry. If you’re suffering from the symptoms of the flu, we recommend giving it a try. Just look at the benefits that drinking this infusion at least two times a day can offer:
- Cough relief: Given that elderberry has antitussive properties, drinking this infusion reduces throat discomfort and reduces coughing attacks.
- Helps to reduce fever: Another one of the properties that this plant offers is that it causes the body to sweat. Therefore, it helps regulate body temperature.
- Eliminates toxins: Finally, the elderberry plant allows for the elimination of flu toxins. Therefore, drinking it as an infusion is very effective in speeding up the recovery process, allowing you to feel better fast.
Keep reading: Three Honey Remedies to Relieve the Flu
2. Fight the flu with elderberry poultice to obtain fast relief
Another way to speed up recovery from the flu with elderberry is by creating a poultice. As indicated in the article Medicinal plants used in the treatment of skin diseases, using a poultice is very effective because it allows for local application of the fruits.
So, you simply need to prepare the infusion that we describe above using elderberry. In this case, you can include ginger if you want, but it’s not necessary. In fact, you can add mint in its place.
Once you’ve prepared your infusion, strain the mixture and then place the elderberry fruit and mint inside a compress, for example. Be sure to cover them well and then place the poultice on your chest or nose.
This will cause your nasal passages to clear, reducing the discomfort you may be experiencing. You can do this three or four times a day since there are no counterindications.
When to see a doctor
If your symptoms don’t improve, your fever doesn’t go down, or discomfort increases, then it’s time to see a doctor. The medical professional will carry out a series of tests to determine the best course of treatment for your particular case.
However, the natural remedies we suggested in today’s article are usually effective in bringing about positive results.
Have you ever used elderberry as a natural remedy? Or have you tried any other natural remedies for relieving the symptoms of the flu? We hope you put the above advice into practice and let us know how it goes!It might interest you...