This surprising recipe combines the powers of coconut, ginger, and beets to give you a super nutritious smoothie.
It’s excellent for your health, digestive system, and healthy weight loss.
Find out more about all of its benefits and how to make this tasty, healing smoothie!
Three medicinal ingredients
Coconut is amazing for your body. It’s so full of nutrients it’s considered a super food.
While it contains a lot of oil, it’s a healthy fat and something your body needs. It actually activates your metabolism and helps you lose weight more easily.
The fruit is very high in vitamins, minerals and oligo elements, as well as fatty acids and fiber. It also contains antioxidants and is diuretic, hydrating, and energy-packed.
If you buy it fresh, you should know that you can use all parts of the coconut.
- First of all, you extract the water, which is very mineral-rich.
- Then, you can make milk with the pulp and use the remains as flour to make cookies and cakes.
- Lastly, you can use the shell to make a fire in the fireplace or grill.
This exotic spice has a kick that turns out to be good for all kinds of health issues, especially for women.
It’s indispensable if you have digestion problems, since it activates your stomach acid, reduces flatulence, and improves nutrient absorption.
Like coconut, ginger fights fluid retention and gets your metabolism going, two essential parts of losing weight and reducing bloating.
It also contains an antioxidant perfect for fighting the effects of free radicals in your body.
- You can add fresh or powdered ginger to almost anything to give it a unique taste.
- It actually goes really well with meat and fish, as well as desserts, soups, and drink.
Beets are one of the garden vegetables you should always have around. They’re great in all forms, whether raw or cooked.
They provide vitamins (A, B6, and C) and minerals (iron, phosphorus, zinc, potassium, and copper), as well as vegetable protein and fiber.
Beets have a sweet flavor and bright purplish red color that make them go well in many kinds of recipes, both sweet and savory, even in juices and smoothies. They pack quite an energy punch.
They also help reduce high blood pressure and inflammation and have cancer-fighting and detoxifying powers in your blood and liver.
Coconut, ginger, and beet smoothie
This coconut, ginger, and beet smoothie tastes great and is ideal for anybody at any point in the day.
However, it’s especially good when you have to exert yourself physically or mentally.
You can also use it when you need a nutrient boost, like when you’re fatigued, stressed, or if you’re pregnant.
These quantities will produce a liter of the smoothie:
- 1 coconut
- 1 beet
- A piece of ginger or powdered ginger (to taste)
- 1 liter of water
Note: If you don’t have fresh coconut, you can use a liter of coconut milk instead of the coconut with water.
- First, follow the steps to make coconut milk, which consists of beating the coconut pulp with the hot liter of water until you get a white milk.
- Then, add the beet and ginger, peeled and cut into pieces.
- If you opted to use prepared coconut milk, go ahead and beat it with the beet and ginger directly. There’s no need to heat it.
- Beat again until the mixture turns pink.
- Strain and drink hot or let chill first.
- Sweeten with stevia or honey if you like. However, remember that the beet will already give it a sweet touch.
“Check this article out: 5 Sugar Substitutes You’ll Want to Know About”
Drink the smoothie over the course of the day. To really take advantage of all of its nutrients, we recommend having it on an empty stomach, without any other food.
You can drink the entire amount throughout the day or over two days, but no longer than that.