5 Mistakes We Make in the Morning
To get you started in the morning there's nothing better than taking a lukewarm shower and, if you can, have a final rinse with cold water.
In today’s article, we want you to find out about five common mistakes we make in the morning. The following information will definitely interest you.
Your alarm clock goes off and it’s time to get moving. What do you usually do first? Do you jump immediately out of bed, head straight to the shower, have a bite to eat, and then get dressed and ready to go?
There are a lot of mistakes we make in the morning, and believe it or not these small details can have a big effect on your health.
Mistakes We Make in the Morning
1. Don’t immediately jump out of bed! Always get up slowlyThere are two big and bad habits here. The first is setting a shrill alarm to wake you up, and the second is jumping straight out of bed. Remember, you’ve just spent 6 to 8 hours in a horizontal position, and you need to let your posture adjust slowly to being upright.
By getting up too quickly, you can make yourself nauseous, so starting today try to remember these simple tips:
- Get up slowly, as if it were a ritual of relaxation.
- Set your alarm clock 10 minutes earlier than normal and put it to relaxing music. Never use the classic “beep-beep-beep.”
- The first thing you should do after turning off your alarm is to sit up in the bed and take deep breaths for two minutes.
- Do a few small arm stretches. Join your hands and stretch your arms above your head, then stretch them to the left and then to the right.
- Now twist your neck from side to side, and make circular movements. Do everything slowly.
- Take a deep breath, and get out of bed. Do you feel ready?
2. Leaving the house without breakfast: big mistake!You have to get the kids ready, take them to school, and still make it to work on time. Preparing lunches, getting them bathed and dressed, walking the dog…so many things! And sometimes you spend so much time helping everyone else get out of the house well fed and on time that you neglect yourself. This is one of the biggest mistakes we make in the morning!
- Get up earlier so you have time. It’s important to be calm and unhurried in the mornings, making time for a relaxing breakfast.
- A lot of people have a good cup of coffee first thing in the morning, but with nothing else. That’s another error. Ideally you’ll start your day off with a glass of warm water with lemon juice, then follow that with breakfast about 15 or 20 minutes later.
- Take advantage of that break to take a shower, for example. After that, you can enjoy your cup of coffee accompanied by, naturally, some fiber, protein, and a piece of fruit. This way you leave the house energized and with all the necessary nutrients to start the day.
Read more: 14 Alternative Uses for Coffee at Home
3. Checking your cell phone the minute you open your eyesYou want to see what’s happening in your social networks, find out what’s new in the news since last night, or just check for new messages. But you have all day for that! It’s best to wake up relaxed and separate yourself from technology for a bit.
Instead, get out of bed, take a shower, and eat your breakfast in front of an open window so you have some fresh air. During these first minutes of the day it’s best to stay away from the electromagnetic waves those devices emit.
Discover more: Nomophobia: Cellphone Addiction
4. Showering in hot waterSure you love bathing in hot water, but it’s not always the best idea – especially in the mornings. At this time of day you need to start getting more active, and to do that it’s best to shower in lukewarm or cool water. Ideally you should take a warm shower and finish with a cold water rinse, especially on your legs.
Directing the cold water to your calves will help prevent them from feeling swollen and heavy, and it also animates the feet to be ready for the day’s work. Why not try it tomorrow? You’ll see how good it makes you feel!
5. Leaving the house in a bad moodYou know you’ve got a long day of work ahead of you so you leave the house in a rush with an endless list of things on your mind. “I’m so exhausted, how will I ever get through today!?” This is a common thing we say to ourselves, or overhear others say.
Negative thoughts prevent your well-being and lower your quality of life, and they do so quietly, often without you noticing. You end up doing things you don’t enjoy, and missing out on the important ones. So try this tomorrow: leave your house with a different attitude.
Mantras to avoid mistakes we make in the morning:
- Today things are going to go well for me, I’m sure it’s going to be a great day.
- I’m going to try to enjoy everything I do and embrace what happens. Also, I will leave the house relaxed, I’m going to go for a walk at work, and I’m going to take in my surroundings: the people, the storefronts, the parks.
- I’m going to see the best in my colleagues and my superiors at work.
- I’ll do a great job today. The most important thing is that I feel proud of myself.
- When I’m done for the day, I’ll have a little reward. Something simple: I’ll stop for a coffee in that nice park, or go for a walk. Or I’ll give someone a call I haven’t talked to in a while.
Now you can see that there are many little mistakes we make the morning. They’re basic things that still detract from our health a little each day. So try to remember: your quality of life is built on enjoying the moment and staying optimistic about the future. Shouldn’t you try it today?
We hope you liked our article, for more information on health and remedies click below!