Remedies to Treat Urinary Tract Infections Naturally
Do you frequently suffer from urinary tract infections? Consuming any of these natural remedies can help alleviate the symptoms of mild urinary tract infections. Try one!
There are millions of bacteria in your urinary tract that cause painful infections when they spread. This, in turn, affects the quality of life of many individuals. Urinary tract infections (UTIs) can occur because of a weakened immune system, but also because of bad hygiene habits, sexual intercourse, and kidney problems. In this article we’ll show you how to treat urinary tract infections naturally with some great remedies.
Although men also suffer from this condition, women are the most susceptible to developing it because their urethra is shorter. This is why it makes it easier for germs to spread.
While a burning sensation and pain is the most common symptom, the following symptoms may also occur:
- Changes in urine color
- General discomfort
The good news is that you don’t always have to resort to pharmacological products to deal with your symptoms. This is because there are some natural remedies that can help speed up your recovery to prevent other complications.
In this article, we want to show you how to treat urinary tract infections naturally with these 5 great remedies.
1. Treat urinary tract infection naturally with pineapple tea
The diuretic properties of pineapple tea are a great help for cleansing the urinary tract in the presence of infectious agents.
Its active agent, bromelain, has an antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effect that contributes to controlling the symptoms of infections.
- 2 slices of pineapple
- 2 cups of water
- Firstly, cut the pineapple slices into several pieces and then put them in a pot with two cups of water.
- Then bring to boil for 8 to 10 minutes, put on low heat, and remove.
- Wait until it’s cool enough to drink, then pass it through a strainer and take it twice a day.
2. Celery tea
Celery tea is a drink with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds that, when absorbed, control the discomfort caused by urinary tract infections.
Its active substances exert a diuretic effect that, in addition to alleviating inflammation, helps to purify the kidneys and bladder.
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 cup of water
- Firstly, heat a cup of water.
- When it boils, add the celery stalk, which you should have previously washed and cut.
- Wait for the tea to cool down for 10 minutes, then strain it and drink it.
- Drink up to 3 cups a day.
3. Turmeric Tea
Turmeric contains a powerful pigment called curcumin. This, in addition to its characteristic color, gives it anti-inflammatory and antibiotic effects.
These qualities make it good to use to fight urinary tract infections and inflammation.
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 cup of water
- Firstly, add the teaspoon of turmeric powder to the cup of boiling water and let the mixture sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- After this, sweeten it with honey and drink it.
- Consume 2 cups daily to relieve the symptoms of this infection.
4. Garlic with honey
Both garlic and honey are part of a group of natural antibiotics that can help stop a wide variety of infections. They can be used to treat urinary tract infections naturally.
Both ingredients can be combined in a single treatment to slow down the growth of bacteria that cause diseases in the urinary tracts.
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Firstly, crush the garlic clove in a mortar and mix it with the two tablespoons of honey.
- After obtaining a paste, consume it on an empty stomach.
- If you like, you can mix the paste with half a cup of warm water to make it easier to consume.
- Repeat this every day to control your UTI.
5. Onion juice
Finally, you can treat urinary tract infections naturally with onion. The sulfur compounds in natural onion juice are powerful antibacterial agents that can help clean urinary ducts. This, in turn, can control infections.
In addition, its anti-inflammatory and diuretic properties calm the painful and burning sensation that UTIs can cause. They also facilitate the elimination of the fluid retained in tissues.
- 1 onion
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Firstly, put all the ingredients in the blender.
- Then, blend them until you obtain a smooth juice.
- Divide this portion into 3 doses a day, distributed throughout the day.
- Take it for 3 or 4 days in a row.
Read more: Onion Juice: How to Extract it and its Uses
Consuming any of these natural remedies can help alleviate the symptoms of mild urinary tract infections. However, we recommend choosing just one remedy to prevent adverse reactions.