Fight Lice Successfully with These 5 Home Remedies
When it comes to lice, you don't need to turn to harmful chemicals to get rid of them. Look no further than these 5 great natural remedies!
Lice are small parasites that colonize in your scalp. This is where they easily reproduce and survive by drinking your blood.
Lice are contracted through direct contact with infected people. Or, you can get them by using the same head wear or other articles of clothing of an infected person.
As you can imagine, their presence is considered unhygienic. This happens even though the majority of cases don’t have anything to do with a lack of hair care.
The problem is that lice are very annoying. This is because they easily reproduce and cause skin problems. These include causing lumps and a recurring itching feeling.
Fortunately, there are many natural home remedies to treat these little pests. After being applied, they control these problems while they help to get rid of them.
In this article, we want to tell you about 5 guaranteed options to get rid of these nasty little bugs.
If you or a family member ever suffers from lice, give these great home remedies at try!
Garlic has sulphur compounds and a penetrating smell. These make it a great natural repellant when fighting lice.
Its ingredients are easily absorbed into your scalp. In addition, it also fights fungus and bacteria at the same time.
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 3 table spoons of lemon juice
- Crush the cloves of garlic until you have a thick paste.
- Then, mix it with the lemon juice.
- Separate your hair into locks. Spread the solution on your scalp and let it work for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rub all of your hair to cover the affected area.
- After 30 minutes, rinse and use your regular shampoo to wash your hair.
- Repeat this treatment three times per week.
2. Olive oil
Olive oil makes a great solution for eliminating lice and nits. This is because of both its oily texture and its antioxidant compounds.
Applying it fights inflammation caused by these insects. It also alleviates itching and excessive dryness.
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 table spoon of lemon juice
- Heat the olive oil until it reaches a warm temperature that’s warm enough to put on your scalp.
- Then, mix it with lemon juice and rub it all over your hair.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and let it work all night.
- In the morning, remove the nits with a fine-tooth comb. Then, wash your hair with a herbal shampoo.
- Use this treatment every day until you get rid of the lice.
3. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is not only a lubricant, but it’s also an anti-parasitic and an antibacterial. Combined, these encourage the removal of lice and nits.
Using coconut oil prevents these nasty bugs from reproducing. It also controls the inflammation and reddening of your skin.
- 6 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary oil
- Fist, mix the coconut oil with the rosemary oil.
- Heat it in a double boiler.
- Then, rub it all over your hair and scalp.
- Massage it well for several minutes. Cover your hair with a shower cap and let it work for 6 to 8 hours, preferably overnight.
- The next day, remove the insects with a fine-tooth comb. Then, wash your hair with your regular shampoo.
- Repeat the treatment at least three times per week.
4. Sesame seed oil
Sesame seed oil has several properties. Among them, this product is an antibacterial, antifungal, and an anti-inflammatory. This makes it a very beneficial treatment when fighting lice.
Using it on your skin removes nits and fights itching. If that wasn’t enough, it leaves your hair shiny and strong.
- 6 tablespoons of sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil
- Mix the two oils and rub them on your scalp with a gentle massage.
- Be sure to cover all of the infected areas. Let it work for two hours then rinse it off.
- Don’t forget to use a fine-tooth comb to remove the lice.
- Use this treatment once to twice a week.
5. Lavender essential oil
Lavender oil has a great smell and acts as an antibacterial and an anti-inflammatory. Both of these work to stop lice and nits from reproducing in your hair.
Using it eliminates the presence of these insects. It also reduces the damage they cause to your scalp.
- 1 table spoon of essential lavender oil
- 2 table spoons of olive oil
- Combine the essential lavender oil with the olive oil. Rub this mixture all over your hair with a gentle massage.
- Let it work for at least two hours.
- Pass a fine-tooth comb through your hair, then rinse it out.
- Repeat this treatment until your get rid of the insects.
Now that you know natural ways to fight lice and nits, get rid of them with these great solutions. Don’t turn to products with harsh chemicals.
Main image courtesy of © wikiHow.com