Fight Hair Loss with These 7 Foods
There are many factors that can influence excessive hair loss.
What many people don’t realize is that sometimes it happens because of certain nutritional deficiencies. Although you might focus on your external treatments, hair requires certain ingredients from your food in order to fight hair loss.
For this reason, as a complement to hair loss products, it’s helpful to add some ingredients to your diet that improve your hair’s health.
In this article, we want to share the details of the 7 best foods you shouldn’t hesitate to consume more of if you notice that you’re starting to lose more hair than normal.
This delicious green vegetable is one of the best foods for strengthening weak hair if it’s falling out excessively.
- It provides iron, beta-carotene, and vitamin C, all necessary for boosting healthy hair growth.
- In addition, it provides a small amount of amino acids, which strengthen the hair follicles and help to keep the fibers strong and shiny.
Lentils are one of the most complete types of legume. They’re a highly recommended dietary complement to provide the body with the nutrients it needs.
- They provide biotin and proteins that are good for your hair. They don’t just stop hair loss, but also stop it weakening and breaking.
- Lentils are also a great source of iron, which boosts the control of hair loss in cases of anemia.
3. Oily fish
Salmon, tuna, and other varieties of oily fish contain omega 3 fatty acids and high-value proteins which boost hair health.
- Eating it at least twice a week prevents the lost of natural oils from the scalp and stimulates growth.
- Some species contain selenium, which is a key ingredient for controlling hair loss.
- Oily fish also contain antioxidants, which fight free radicals and reduce weakening of the roots.
Oats take a really important place in dietary terms. This is not just because they improve digestion due to their fiber content, but because they have some great beauty uses and contain a lot of vitamin B and minerals.
- These nutrients strengthen the hair fibres and fight hair loss.
- Plus, the amino acids in oats strengthen the hair follicles and boost the growth of strong and healthy hair.
Pumpkin is really well-known in the gastronomy world. It’s a very versatile and economic ingredient that can be added to your diet in multiple different ways.
- It’s good for hair because of it’s vitamin E content, an antioxidant nutrient which reduces damage caused by toxins and the sun. This substance is absorbed by the roots and boost the growth of new hair.
- It’s also highlighted for its vitamin C and fatty acids, which help to regulate the sebaceous glands, preventing dryness and hair loss.
- In addition, it also contains minerals like potassium and zinc, which stimulate blood flow and the synthesis of collagen.
Eggs are one of the most recommended ingredients for hair health. Although using eggs in hair masks has multiple benefits, you can also get benefits through simple consumption.
- Their high-value proteins support the formation of stronger, shinier hair fibers.
- Plus, their nutrients repair damage to the hair follicles and prevent dryness and excessive loss.
- In addition, they contain a great amount of vitamin B complex, which plays an important role in healthy growth.
Walnuts, almonds, and other types of nut contain amino acids and essential minerals that are really beneficial for hair.
- They provide zinc, selenium, and magnesium, which reduce the weakening of the follicles and boost growth.
- Plus, the fatty acids they contain help to maintain good production of oils on the scalp, which prevent excessive dryness.
- Their light omega 3 and omega 6 content is ideal for avoiding inflammation of the hair follicles or circulation problems.
Is your hair falling out excessively? Are you not including these foods in your diet? Now you know the benefits, don’t hesitate to start consuming them regularly.
Of course, for perfect control of this problem, make sure to follow other important hair care practices as well.It might interest you...