The Relationship Between Breakfast and Fibromyalgia
A proper breakfast is key to keep fibromyalgia at bay. Thanks to advances in neuroimaging techniques, a lot more has been discovered about fibromyalgia in recent years. For example, it’s known that there’s a certain pathological dysfunction in the cerebral response of the nociceptive system.
This explains why certain stimuli can be painful and why a disproportionate amount of the pain is concentrated in certain areas.
It’s also known that people with fibromyalgia have more type C fibers (related to the neuropathy of pain) and fewer neuro-vegetative fibers around their small blood vessels.
All of this means that now we know that this illness has nothing to do with your mood or any other psychological disorder.
This is a condition that requires lifestyle changes above all else, being in contact with specialists, watching triggers, and being careful with food choices.
For example, avoiding foods that lead to inflammation will help people with this condition control some of these pain triggers. It’s also important to choose nutrients well.
You should pick the ones that’ll help decrease your pain and protect the blood vessels as this is often the reason for this type of exhausting, debilitating pain.
A proper breakfast is key in the management of the symptoms of fibromyalgia. Thus, you must start your day in the best possible way.
1. The relationship between fibromyalgia and breakfast – oranges, honey, and cinnamon
Delicious and natural for anyone suffering from fibromyalgia. Consuming citrus fruits regularly throughout the week could significantly reduce the symptoms of this condition due to its antioxidant capacity.
Something as simple as eating an orange with honey and cinnamon is a great option for a healthy breakfast. This is due to the anti-inflammatory properties of cinnamon, as described in an article published in the Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity journal.
Remember it’s best to eat the whole fruit so just section the orange, drizzle some honey, and sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on top. You’ll love it!
Read about Eggs and Their Nutritional Value
2. Avocado and red berries
Avocados provide the kind of healthy fat that is very important for everybody, especially for people with fibromyalgia.
- The vitamin E in avocado has a positive effect on the relief of pain characteristic of fibromyalgia, as stated in a study published in 2016.
- They have a lot of vitamin B, C, and K and minerals like manganese and iron. This, along with their fiber, makes avocados a spectacular choice to start your day.
You can make a tasty smoothie with avocado and berries. Strawberries, cherries, and blueberries are full of amazing antioxidants, something that anybody with fibromyalgia is in need of.
3. Lemon juice with chia seeds
The vitamins and minerals in citrus fruits and seeds can help control inflammatory processes and thus, relieve pain. Similarly, these nutrients can help you start the day with plenty of energy.
- Now, a sure way of getting even more out of lemons is consuming the juice along with a tablespoon of chia seeds.
- Chia seeds are one of the most nutritious foods that exist because they contain protein, fiber, minerals, and omega-3 fatty acids.
Check out why you must Add these 6 Foods to Your Diet for More Vitamin E
4. Papaya and almonds
Almost 70% of people with fibromyalgia also have irritable bowel syndrome. That’s why you must take care of your intestinal system and avoid foods that tend to cause inflammation.
What’s clear is every person is different and what might suit some may bloat others. However, papaya is one of those types of fruit that makes almost everyone feel good.
- Papaya is nutritious and easily digested. If you combine it with a few almonds, you’ll get a nutrient-packed and healthy good breakfast. It contains a significant amount of fiber that can induce the selective growth of the microbiota and reduce intestinal transit problems.
5. Oat pancakes to help with fibromyalgia
Are you ready to try them? All you need is an egg and oat flour. This original and nutritious option will give you the protein you need to feel good and strong.
- Firstly, don’t be afraid of eating eggs two or three times a week. They’re natural sources of energy and protein.
- In addition, oats provide a large number of amino acids and help control blood sugar levels. The amount of fiber in this food promotes the proper functioning of the intestine.
Along with the oat pancakes, you can add some fresh fruit such as strawberries, mango, or even melon. Add a little honey and you get one more breakfast option you’ll love.
Improve your breakfast and get rid of fibromyalgia
It’s important to pay attention to nutrition in order to keep this condition at bay. Thus, you must include antioxidant and anti-inflammatory types of food to your regular diet.
In addition, supplements like melatonin and probiotics can help reduce the fatigue and chronic pain associated with this pathology.
Finally, don’t forget to exercise according to the guidelines given by your physician. This is because it’ll help you increase your muscular strength and motor skills.It might interest you...