Everyone has had some feeling of butterflies in their stomach. It happens to everyone. It’s a feeling we associate with nerves. Sometimes we say it’s a feeling given to us by our second brain.
But this is different if it persists for a long time. It’s more than a small problem if it lasts for a while and comes with pain.
This could be caused by stress or a digestive issue. That being said, there are also some diseases that show up like this.
In this article, we will go over some possible causes. That being said, if you find it upsetting or have any doubts, talk to your doctor. They can offer you the best diagnosis and help.
I have butterflies in my stomach. Why?
To start, there are many feelings we get in our stomach. We generally know why we have pain or feel nervous.
When we eat a certain type of food, we know how it’s going to make us feel. Also, feeling stressed for a while can be bad. Nervousness and stress can wreak havoc on our digestive system.
We can have uneasiness, not be hungry, or even suffer from diarrhea.
If we have intense pain, we can know for certain that there is an issue. We will see what kinds of problems can be related to pain.
Feeling butterflies in your stomach is one of the main symptoms of gastritis. We feel it intensely all day long in this case.
The feeling is so intense, it makes us tired. It also causes all kinds of other problems. The feeling may even keep us from standing.
- This feeling is due to the irritation of the gastric mucosa. This is a membrane that goes around the stomach. Many people have had an issue with this at some point. It’s a disorder that starts from an infection.
- There are other things that can agitate the gastric mucosa too. Some of these things include alcohol, fatty foods, and medications.
- There are also other symptoms that come with gastritis.
They include: fever, tremors, vomiting, dizziness, chills, and in extreme cases, blood appears in either the stool or vomit.
It’s important to receive the treatment that we need. After all, we all have different medical needs.
We also need to remember that children can feel these things too. If your child feels butterflies or pain in their stomach, they need to see a doctor.
Like we said before, there are many types of pain. Here is one we can identify easily.
- Feeling butterflies in your stomach between one and three hours after eating is caused by peptic ulcers in most cases.
This is what happens: our gastric acids have worn away part of the stomach lining.
- This feeling of pain or butterflies appears after eating or at night. It can keep us from getting adequate sleep.
- The most common cause of these ulcers is the bacteria Helicobacter pylori. But, some anti-inflammatories, such as ibuprofen, can cause them.
- We also need to remember that stress and spicy foods tend to aggravate this condition.
How can we relieve this feeling of butterflies?
As we said, the first thing to do is talk to your doctor. They are the best person to tell you what you have and how to treat it. When we know what is causing this feeling, we can then figure out how to treat it.
There are some home remedies we can use to treat this feeling. These are helpful if you have a problem with gastritis or ulcers.
Here are some simple things we can do.
- Drink lukewarm water mixed with a tablespoon of honey. It should never be hot or cold.
- Drink raw, organic carrot juice.
- Drink ginger tea. This can be very therapeutic. Ginger tea calms the pain and helps us to feel better.
- Coconut water is also good.
- Potato juice has been used for ages to treat ulcers. To make it, grate potatoes on a medium grate. Then, squeeze the grated potato to get the juice.
- Aloe vera is also very helpful with these problems. You can try drinking aloe tea a couple times a day.
- Papaya and pears are also very good. They help us to feel better when we have stomach problems.
Don’t forget to watch your diet. You should make an effort to avoid fatty foods and other foods that aggravate your condition. We should always know why we feel butterflies in our stomach.
Remember, your health should be a top priority.