5 Tips to Get Rid of the Fat Under the Arms
The buildup of fat under the arms can occur for a variety of reasons, but with a proper diet and exercise you can reduce it.
So you put on your bra and suddenly you feel something uncomfortable. Looking in the mirror confirms your fear – there’s a little excess fat under the arms around your armpit.
First of all, you should know that this is a very common problem for women, regardless of their weight or age.
It’s a particular area of the body where there is a tendency to accumulate excess fat. It’s not always limited to fat under the arms and can extend to your back. In either case, it forms annoying rolls that are obvious when wearing tight clothing.
What can you do? One interesting thing to know is that while many women choose to have surgery for this issue, it typically just comes back again. It’s not a curse. It’s just genetics.
Does this mean that you have no choice but to give in and accept those rolls between your shoulders and chest?
Of course not!
The key to well-being has always been acceptance of your own body. However, remember that it doesn’t mean you don’t have the right to improve your appearance when possible.
If you follow these five key tips, you can reduce the presence of this fat and make it much less noticeable.
First, we’ll explain what causes this inconvenience and how to reduce its impact.
Why does the fat under the arms appear?There’s no reason to obsess over it. As we have already pointed out, this is a common problem among women.
If fat in this region is also located on the and prevents you from wearing certain types of clothing, it’s not too late. You can to take a few simple steps that will improve the way you view yourself.
Let’s now look at the most common causes for this buildup of fat under the arms:
- Excess breast tissue is the most common cause. In fact, it’s a medical condition that has several names: polymastia, multiple sinus syndrome, or supernumerary breasts.
- The muscles of your arms lose firmness due to age or insufficient exercise.
- Of course, this problem can also be due to excessive fat buildup.
- In very rare cases, it can be due to a lipoma. This is a non-cancerous, harmless condition. It can be removed and will not cause any major problems.
Just as you accumulate it in the abdomen, hips, buttocks, thighs, or calves, fat can be located in the back, chest, and underarm area. The origin is almost always genetic, as we indicated above.
Also note that if this type of fat appears overnight and seems to be made of nodules, you should tell your doctor immediately: it could be an inflamed lymph node.
Strategies to reduce fat under the arms
1. Pay attention to what you eat
First of all, you should to consume more healthy foods. These include:
- Whole grain carbohydrates (oats, rice and whole wheat pasta, rye bread)
- Vegetables (spinach, Brussels sprouts, peas, carrots, artichokes, celery, cucumber)
- Legumes (lentils, chickpeas)
- Citrus fruits (oranges, lemons)
- Chicken or turkey
- Olive oil
- Chia seeds
2. Try a fat-burning beverage
- 2 artichokes
- 1 liter of water
- 3 slices of pineapple
- The juice from 1 lemon
- 5 chopped almonds
- First, boil the artichoke in the liter of water.
- Blend the pineapple with the juice from the lemon and the chopped almonds.
- Next, add the artichoke water to the pineapple, lemon juice, and almond blend.
- Drink this two times a week, one hour before your meals.
3. Try an exercise routine to strengthen the armsYou’ll need to dedicate about 30 minutes a day to exercising and toning the arms. All you need are hand weights or dumbbells and some comfortable clothing.
- Start by lying on your stomach and then lifting your torso using only your arms.
- Do 20 repetitions of these to increase your resistance.
- Next, lie on your back and lift the dumbbells about 20 times.
- Repeat this cycle for half an hour.
Discover 10 exercises to trim your belly
4. Try out the plank
Performing plank exercises is no easy task, as it takes plenty of stamina and skill.
If you can turn 15 minutes to this exercise into a daily routine, you will eventually start to see results.
- First, lie down on your stomach.
- Next, lift your body using only a single arm and the tips of your toes.
- Hold this position for one minute before repeating with the other arm.
5. An effective way to disguise fat under the arms: a good braIt’s as simple as that. When you have a normal weight, are in good health, but you still see that unsightly fat under your arms, don’t worry: just choose a good bra.
Also read Is it good or bad to wear a bra?
- Avoid bras with smaller cups. In addition to this being bad for your health, it causes flesh to fold out of them and become more noticeable beneath your clothing.
- Look for specific bras that have fuller coverage. They will have larger cups and wider straps.
Thanks to this simple change, your breasts will be completely contained along with those fat rolls. Your clothes will look fantastic!