Fantastic Tips for Thicker Eyelashes
Who doesn’t want to have thicker eyelashes? We love to embellish them and take care for them… Anything just to get that spectacular look that everyone loves and convey good health and optimism.
But wait, you don’t have to spend a fortune on cosmetics to pamper them. Here are some simple home tricks to get fuller and thicker eyelashes which you can do on a day-to-day basis!
Start with good nutrition
Maybe you’re one of those people who have rather thin and weak eyelashes. No problem, many women have discovered how to solve this problem. We understand, for example, that the majority of our features are determined by genetic factors.
Now, following a specific diet and using appropriate makeup tricks we can get the eyelashes we want. And no, we won’t use false eyelashes at all. With a little time and good habits we will achieve our goal. It is best to start from within.
Dermatologists from the Madrid Institute of Dermatology and Aesthetic Surgery (MSDI) remind us that a well-balanced diet, which is low in fat and high in vitamins A, B, C and E, will help us to grow more eyelashes that are longer and shinier. Why not follow their advice?
- Almonds. What if we eat just six almonds a day? They are rich in vitamin E, perfect to nourish the hair follicles of your eyelashes. They also have polyphenol, an antioxidant that helps prevent eyelashes from weakening and falling out.
- Olive oil. Surely you already knew about this one. Olive oil strengthens the eyelashes and provides the body with plenty of vitamin E, as well as antioxidants which are able to fight against aging and weakening of your eyelashes.
- Beans. These are a natural source of iron, zinc and B complex vitamins. And what do these elements provide to the health of our eyelashes? They strengthen, nourish, give them oxygen … these are excellent.
- Broccoli. Few vegetables are as healthy for our core functions, in addition to improving our outer beauty. Did you know for example that broccoli provides you with keratin? Thanks to this your eyelashes will be thicker, stronger and more elastic.
- Avocado. Many studies have shown that eating half an avocado a day brings us more than 20 vitamins and minerals. All of them are ideal for helping us obtain thicker eyelashes.
Simple beauty tips for thicker eyelashes
1. Brush your eyelashes every night
Something so simple yet effective. Think of your eyelashes the same way as your hair. Something very effective to stimulate hair growth is to brush it. By doing so we eliminate dead cells and stimulate circulation in the area. This is daily routine with good results.
2. Treatment with castor oil
Infallible, effective and economical. It is worth it to always have this at home and in your beauty kit. Few oils are as beneficial to our eyelashes as castor oil, a natural source with which to achieve maximum hydration in our eyelashes.
To benefit from it just use a cotton ball soaked well in this oil and gently massage your eyelashes. If you do it at night after having brushed them, you will see your eyelashes looking thicker little by little
3. The trick of talcum powder
This fantastic trick is one of the secrets of makeup artists. It is so simple that it will surprise you:
- First we apply mascara just on the tips of the lashes, making sure they are well separated.
- Then gently sprinkle the eyelashes with baby powder. In this way we provide thickness. You can apply it with another mascara brush, as you see in the image below. It is easier.
- When they are well covered (ensuring that it does not get into your eyes), reapply mascara. You know how to do it best, to make the lashes look thicker, it is best to apply it from the root and then upward. Don’t stop at the tips, extend past them, as it is this detail that gives you more length to your lashes.
4. Should the mascara always be black?
This is often the million-dollar question. The truth is, no, not always. There are several different sources that can help us to obtain thicker eyelashes:
- Mascara with transparent glitter. This brings light, density and a spectacular look especially in the mornings. If you improve your dark circles, you will get a very chic touch.
- Brown-colored mascara mixed with black: another trick of the makeup artists. From the roots to the middle of the lashes apply the brown colored mascara. Then at the tips carefully apply black mascara, this will make the lashes look long and thick. Have you already tried it? It’s sensational.
5. Beware of eyelash curlers and waterproof mascara
We know that eyelash curlers offer us a very beautiful touch to our look, but you must not overdo it. Doing it every day will harm the lashes and you run the risk of weakening them. If for whatever reason you feel obligated to always use a lash curler, then remember to hydrate them at least twice a day with vaseline or castor oil.
The same goes for waterproof mascara. We know that thanks to its composition it lasts longer, and we can even go to the pool or beach without worrying about it disappearing. But what is the downside? It takes a lot of effort to remove it, and there are always small bits of the mascara left behind that can damage the lashes.
It is better not to overuse these two elements. Moreover, and in conclusion, these simple tips are as simple as they are economic, they are valuable tricks we can all use. With them you will undoubtedly obtain thick and beautiful eyelashes.