Face Masks to Remove BlackHeads
To properly remove blackheads, it’s best to go to a dermatologist. In addition, you could consult with the professional about the use of the following homemade masks.
Blackheads are one of the most common types of skin imperfection. They appear for several reasons in areas such as the nose and chin, although they can also affect other areas of the face. To remove them, it’s necessary to consult with a dermatologist and follow their indications, since the professional will evaluate your skin and determine what’s most convenient for its characteristics.
In general, people with oily skin and dilated pores are more likely to have blackheads. Also, those who have hormonal problems or don’t have a proper skin cleaning routine.
Face masks to remove blackheads
If your dermatologist considers it appropriate, you can resort to certain complementary treatments, such as the following face masks to remove blackheads.
1. Honey and sugar face mask
- 2 tablespoons of honey (20 g).
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (10 g).
- Mix both ingredients in a bowl and apply them on your clean face.
- Massage using gentle circular motions, focusing on the areas riddled with blackheads.
- Leave on for ten minutes and then rinse with water.
2. Gelatin and milk face mask
When this mask dries, it’ll be like a protective layer for your skin. Later, when you remove it, it will also take some blackheads with it.
- 1 tablespoon of milk (15 ml).
- 1 tablespoon of flavorless gelatin (10 g).
- Heat the milk in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Mix both ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- Wash your face and apply the mask with the help of a brush or cotton ball. Make sure that it isn’t too hot.
- Put more on the areas with blackheads.
- After a few minutes, when it’s completely dry, remove carefully and rinse your face with water.
2. Bentonite clay mask
- 1 tablespoon of clay (20 g).
- Enough water.
- Mix the bentonite clay with the water.
- Spread it onto your pre-washed face using circular movements.
- Wait for 15 minutes (or until it dries) and remove it with warm water.
4. Oats and honey face mask
- 3 tablespoons of oats (30 g).
- 2 tablespoons of honey (50 g).
- Mix the oats with the honey to make a lumpy paste.
- Appy on the areas riddled with blackheads.
- Leave on for 20 minutes and remove it with warm water.
5. Egg white face mask
Eggs have a lot of nutrients, which is why it’s included in many beauty treatments. In this case, you can use egg whites to make a face mask to remove blackheads.
- 2 egg whites.
- Gently beat the egg whites (by hand or with an electric blender).
- Cut strips of paper towels and place one over the area that you want to treat (for example, your nose).
- With the help of a brush, take a bit of the egg whites and spread them over the paper. The idea is for the paper towels to work as strips or bandages.
- Make sure that the egg whites soak through and then let them dry.
- Gently remove the paper.
6. Coarse salt and tomato face mask
- 2 tablespoons of raw and natural tomato puree (40 g).
- 1 tablespoon of coarse salt (10 g).
- If you don’t have tomato puree, you can smash up a small tomato.
- Mix with the salt.
- Apply to the affected area using circular motions.
- Rinse with warm water.
7. Cinnamon and honey face mask
Both ingredients can work as very effective exfoliants. We recommend that you use this face mask at night.
- 2 tablespoons of honey (50 g).
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder (10 g).
- Put the honey in a bowl and pour the cinnamon little by little.
- Mix well to get a homogeneous paste.
- Apply it to your nose and anywhere else you have blackheads.
- Leave on for a while before rinsing with warm water.
Use these face masks only if your dermatologist authorizes you to, since some ingredients may not be the most suitable for your skin type. Also, remember that you shouldn’t replace the treatment the specialist prescribed you for any home remedy or it will be harder for you to get good results.
Although face masks to remove blackheads are an easy option to prepare and apply, you have to make prudent use of them to maintain skin health.