Try This Green Mask to Eliminate Blackheads, Acne, and Blemishes
Most women are concerned with the appearance of their skin, as well as reducing the presence of blackheads, spots and all kinds of imperfections. The good news is that we have a green mask for blackheads and other skin issues that may help you reach your goal.
Within a good dermatological care routine, this green mask is a good home treatment to pamper the skin. Specifically, its goal is to reduce the number of impurities and mitigate excess oil in skin that has a tendency to produce too much sebum in order to make it look healthier.
Green face mask
Clay is a therapeutic element that’s been used in both the cosmetic and alternative medicine fields. In the former, it might help balance skin health and, as we mentioned above, reduce impurities.
As honey is also attributed beneficial skin properties, it’s best chosen as an ingredient to make this green mask. Specifically, it’s said to help hydrate the skin, promote the healing of recent wounds, and also repair the skin.
For all these reasons, it’s said that, while the clay in the mask absorbs impurities and oil, honey moisturizes and softens in a uniform way.
The mask is also said to facilitate lymphatic cleansing, as it would improve cellular oxygenation to prevent signs of premature aging.
How to prepare this green mask
Green clay, the main ingredient of this mask, is a cosmetic product that can be easily purchased in herbal shops or pharmacies specializing in natural products.
In this case, we propose combining it with honey and lemon juice, two ingredients that increase its regenerative and astringent qualities.
However, if you have very dry skin you may want to add oily products such as coconut or rosehip oil. The latter can be used as a replacement for honey or as a complement.
- 5 tablespoons of green clay (50 g)
- 1 tablespoon of organic honey (25 g)
- Optional: 1 teaspoon coconut oil (5 g)
- Put the green clay in a clean bowl.
- Add the organic honey and mix everything with a silicone or wooden utensil.
- If you like, add a teaspoon of coconut oil while stirring the mixture.
- If the product becomes too dry, moisten it with warm water until it has the desired texture.
Read this article: 9 New Uses of Coconut Oil
How to apply it
- At night, cleanse your face and rinse it with warm water.
- After making sure it’s completely clean, take the necessary amount of the mask and rub it all over your face.
- Focus on problem areas such as the T-zone and the cheeks.
- Avoid covering the edge of your eyes, as the mixture can be a little aggressive for this delicate area of the skin. Optionally, also apply the mask to your neck and your chest to take advantage of its anti-wrinkle benefits.
- Allow to dry for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Then remove it with plenty of warm water.
- After the treatment, apply a moisturizing tonic or night cream.
- You should use it twice a week a most, since using it too much can provoke unwanted reactions.
Always do a small allergy test first
We recommend performing a test on a small area of the skin before using the green mask on your face. If you notice irritations or allergies, discontinue its use.
In case you suffer from atopic dermatitis or some other skin disorder, always consult with your dermatologist before applying any type of product or home remedy. Otherwise, you risk adverse reactions.