These hip exercise routines are really useful, especially if you want to strengthen your hips or cut the fat in this area of your body.
We made an exercise routine that will help you achieve your desired results.
Your hips are really important parts of your body that you should pay attention to. Have a look at this exercise routine that will motivate you to get up off the couch and into shape!
Exercise Your Hips with this Routine
You can do this hip exercise routine 2 to 3 times a week.
However, if you think this exercise routine is too long or you don’t have enough time, you can do whatever exercises you want.
Side Leg Raises
You can do this first hip exercise three different ways. You should do 3 sets of 12 repetitions each. Twelve is the magic number for any exercise.
90° Leg Raises
- For this exercise, lie on your side, with your legs forming a right angle (90°).
- Rest one of your hands in front of your chest and the other arm stretched beneath your head.
- Raise your leg until it’s perpendicular to the floor and go back to the starting position.
- This exercise adds a twist to the previous exercise.
- Stretch the leg that’s at a 90° angle completely.
- Then, raise it and repeat 12 times.
Deep Leg Raise
- For this exercise, you just repeat the last one with a twist. You’ll raise your body and put the arm that you had on your head at a right angle.
- From this position, lean on your forearm and do the exercise.
For this exercise, we’re going to go with the first exercise of the previous option. You can rest your head as if you were on the beach (at a 90° angle) or rest it on your arm relaxed on the floor. You can stretch it or flex it your arm.
- Once in this position, stretch out both legs. One will be supported and the other will be at the hips.
- In this position, kick your upper leg forward twice. Your foot should be flexed.
- Then, point your foot and take your stretched leg back as much as you can.
- Then, flex your foot again and kick twice.
Dirty Dog Exercise
To do this exercise, place yourself on all fours. Rest both forearms or stretch your arms to make the exercise harder.
- It’s simple. Just lift your leg in a 90° angle to the side.
- Lying face up with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor, raise your hips until your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- You should only move your hips, using your glutes to help you. Raise your hips as high as you can.
Once you do 3 sets of 12 repetitions, repeat with a twist: Do the exercise with one leg stretched out.
- You should raise your hips as if both legs were flat on the floor, thus making it harder. Then, repeat with the other leg stretched out.
It’s very important you don’t move your hips while doing this exercise, although you’re going to want to lower them or they may start to shake. You must be as steady as possible.
The Importance of Protecting Your Hips
Your hips are tied to your abs, glutes, and legs. If they’re healthy, your body will be able to move normally when running, biking, or doing another exercise.
Before you go, make sure you read: The Mental and Physical Benefits of Aerobic Exercise
If you’ve felt hip pain before, it may be a good idea to strengthen this part of your body. Your hips are active when you walk, sit, or do almost any kind of activity and this is the reason why it’s very important to take good care of them.