Exercise Routines for Toning Your Arms
The practice of daily physical activity brings good benefits for the whole body, likewise, any good routine should include exercises for toning your arms. Contrary to popular belief, this doesn’t have to be extreme. That is, you can do exercises that don’t require weights and still get a lot of benefit from them.
One of the parts of the body that usually worries both men and women are the arms, because they are usually exposed to everyone’s sight. When they are not exercised and look flabby, the skin “hangs”, which is not at all attractive. Here is a routine to tone your arms.
Exercise routines for toning your arms
Arm-toning exercises help to work – in general terms – the muscles of this part of the body (deltoids, biceps, triceps, brachioradialis, rhomboid, etc.). Therefore, you can practice them to start getting those arms in shape. Get started and soon you’ll begin to see the results!
1. Hands to the chest push-ups
The classic version involves opening your arms to the width of your shoulders and keeping your feet together. You can also vary the position a little to increase the difficulty level: Hands together in the middle of the chest, one arm at a time, elevated legs, among other varieties.
This type of exercise not only has an impact on the arms, but also on the pectorals. If you only want to work your arms, it’s best to do the variety in which you put your hands close together, creating a triangle between them with your thumbs and forefinger.
- To start you can lean on a yoga mat and if you don’t have one, the floor will do.
- Once you’re in the support position with feet and hands as wide as you can master, begin to inhale deeply.
- Slowly begin to lower down and come back up for a count of 3 as you exhale.
- It may be a little difficult at first, so be prepared to do as many repetitions as you can. It doesn’t matter if you can only do 2. Just make sure that you do them properly.
- Ideally, you should do this progressively until you can do 3 or 4 sets of 10 to 15 repetitions each.
2. With weights
You can also work your arms with dumbbells or weights. For this type of exercise, it’s extremely important not to use too much weight, maintain the correct body position, and perform the movement in the correct way. All of this helps prevent any type of injury.
All this to avoid any type of injury. It’s important to consult with a trainer if you decide to use weights. With this exercise, you’ll be working the triceps, take note!
- With a dumbbell, place your arm above your head, preferably at about a 70-degree angle, fully extended. Then, bend backwards.
- The idea is to bring the arm all the way up and stretch the triceps muscle for about 2 to 3 seconds.
- You can do three sets of 10 or 12 repetitions for each arm. You can do these with both arms simultaneously or alternating each arm.
- Be careful to bend with your elbow and keep your shoulder stiff. You can be sitting or standing for this routine.
Visit this article: How Much Exercise Should You Get Each Week?
3. With two dumbbells
When using two dumbbells, you should stand up, with your legs spread to the width of your shoulders and your knees slightly bent. Get ready to exercise your biceps.
- Take a dumbbell in each hand, and stretch your arms until they’re in a 180-degree position.
- Feet should be shoulder width apart and knees slightly bent.
- Your back should be straight. Begin to inhale as you bring both hands up slowly.
- The idea is to go up and down from thigh level until you get close to your chest.
- You can do about 3 or 4 sets of 8 to 10 repetitions to start.
- Remember that the idea is to advance progressively, steadily but without haste.
The most important thing when exercising is to do it carefully, so as not to cause an injury, and to make the necessary effort, no more and no less. To perform these exercises you will not need too much time or space. So, there is no excuse for not keeping your arms toned and strengthened.
Toning your arms: What else do you need to do?
Training accounts for 30% of the work, the other 70% is distributed in two important pillars: Rest and diet. The first is necessary to help the muscle fiber replenish more easily and to oxygenate the entire system. And proper rest is a good fiber repairer.
Is it possible to improve performance through diet?
The second thing, the diet, should be consulted with a nutritionist. They’ll will be able to recommend the most suitable diet for each person, usually based on age, height, body weight, fat index, and work activity to suggest how many calories you should consume during the day.
Finally, the importance of discipline and consistency must be emphasized in order to carry out training sessions in a continuous manner, so that you achieve results in real time, as none of this will be possible from one day to the next. Consistency will be one of the biggest keys to success.
So, are you ready to start training?