Many nutritionists recommend eating “an apple a day to keep the doctor away. ” After all, this humble fruit hides a great quantity of benefits to our health. Discover all of the benefits of apples by learning the 9 different ways to consume them.
The Amazing Benefits of apples
Apples are a truly incredible fruit for your health. They:
- Fight free radicals, thanks to their antioxidant content.
- Reduce levels of cholesterol and prevent arteriosclerosis.
- Aid in in regular intestinal movement.
- Contain a flavonoid called carotene with anti-carcinogenic properties.
- Improve the function of the liver and gall bladder and aid in the elimination of toxins.
- Help us to have healthier skin.
- Reduce arterial hypertension, like the level of sugar in the blood.
- Have high alkalizing power.
- Maintain the mouth, gums, and teeth clean and healthy.
- Improve brain function and help us with memory and concentration.
- Along these lines, they also prevent neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s disease or Alzheimer disease.
How to consume them
1. Raw with skins
Apples are healthy at any time of day. They are a refreshing snack, light and satisfying that allows you to maintain a clean mouth and teeth, no matter where you may be.
If apples are organic, we recommend eating them with the skins on. This is because the skins contain a lot of nutrients and a great quantity of fiber. If they’re not organic, it’s best to wash them and peel them before eating.
See this article: 9 Benefits You Get From Eating Apples
2. In a juice with carrots
A healthy homemade recipe that is traditional is apples with carrots. This is a delicious combination that is beneficial for your skin, hair, and nails.
This sweet and refreshing juice is excellent to drink any time of day or even a half hour before eating a meal.
3. Apple and green vegetable smoothie
Green smoothies are not just a passing trend. They’re actually a combination of various foods that we should eat every day. However, smoothies are a delicious drink that’s easy to consume.
- You only have to blend the apples with the leafy green vegetables (spinach, rugila, beet greens, and radish green, celery, watercress, etc.)
- If you want the drink to be sweet, you can add stevia, honey, or even a banana.
- The result is so delicious that it will surprise you!
We recommend reading: Papaya, apple and oatmeal smoothie to balance our digestive system.
4. Applesauce with nuts and raisins
There are other ways to cook apples, as well.
One of the simplest is to cook them in a pan with a little water until they are soft and sweet. If you add raisins to the water, they’ll really complement the recipe.
•In addition, the nuts will give a touch of crunchiness and provide a good amount of protein and fiber.
5. Baked apples
Another practical way to consume apples is baking them seasoned with cinnamon, ginger and honey. The result is a dessert that doesn’t require sugar because there are natural concentrated sugars from the fruit.
If you want to service a dessert to guests, you can complement the baked apples with cream or even a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The result is spectacular!
6. Slices in salads
If you want to strengthen the astringent and anti inflammatory properties of apples, you can slice them and let them sit a minute to oxidize.
You can combine them in a salad to end up with an original and different recipe.
Gazpacho is a cold soup made of vegetables that is thickened with bread. If you want an alternative to this, you can substitute apples for the vegetables.
This will be creamy with a touch of sweetness.
8. Garnish for meat or fish
Baked apples or apple sauce are also an excellent garnish for our meat and fish dishes.
Besides adding their excellent flavor, apples also facilitate digestion of the entire meal.
9. Apple pancakes
Have you ever tried apple pancakes? You can make them with cooked apples.
The result will be a pancake with a sweet touch that will provide a great dose of vitality. You’ll love it!