Enjoy Better Vein Health with These Changes
To promote your cardiovascular health and improve circulation, it’s a good idea to elevate your legs whenever possible. You can even raise them with a cushion while you sleep
The health of your veins is key to having a good quality of life.
Imagine for a moment that your circulatory system is a sophisticated internal highway, made up of an infinite number of veins and arteries.
These special highways transport oxygen, nutrients, and other elements that make your life possible.
If something fails, if your veins harden, or if you have a small blood clot that impedes circulation, your life could be in danger.
One of the most common problems that can occur in these internal “roadways” is peripheral vascular disease.
Today we want to talk about the small damage and obstructions that can occur in the veins and arteries that are away from your heart.
Varicose veins, for example, are one of the most common disorders of the veins that you need to learn to prevent and treat.
If you’re already suffering from phlebitis or another vascular disease, however, you’ll need to see a specialist to prevent possible future blood clots.
If you have a genetic background of varicose or spider veins, or already have them yourself, it’s a good idea to follow these simple tips to improve your quality of life.
Start today to make the most of your vascular health
How many hours are you seated during the day? Sometimes, thanks to work, you might be forced to stay “attached” to your desk chair.
Outside of working hours, however, there’s a whole world of possibilities for you to activate your heart.
Read also How to fight heartburn
Leading a sedentary lifestyle, your dietary choices, pregnancy, or genetic factors can all determine whether or not varicose veins will appear.
The good news is that you can avoid them or slow their progression if you work hard enough. It’s important to realize that sometimes, small changes can really improve your quality of life.
Pay attention to these simple ideas.
1. Start and end the day with cold showers on your legs
No doubt you do this too: start and end your days with a shower. This habit also gives you a good opportunity to improve the circulation in your legs.
To do this correctly, you should:
- Expose your legs to lukewarm water for five or six seconds.
- Follow this up with cold water for another six seconds.
- Do this for both legs and always finish with that little blast of cold water to stimulate circulation in this region.
2. Tomato juice for breakfastTomato seeds have anticoagulant properties that will improve blood flow. To benefit from this excellent fact, you can do two things:
- Apply the leaves of the tomato plant to your varicose veins or spider veins for a few minutes.
- As soon as it starts to itch or burn, remove them and rinse with cold water.
- As a simple and delicious method to start the day, however, you can’t choose anything better than a natural glass of tomato juice.
- Don’t forget that tomatoes have very few calories. In addition to that, they are a natural diuretic that help activate the metabolism and burn fat.
- Natural tomato juice will also help eliminate excess fluids and toxins that cause inflammation and make you feel tired and heavy.
3. Aloe vera and honey to promote circulation and alleviate heavinessA good way to care for your vascular health is to take a natural remedy made of aloe vera and honey each day.
This combination will reduce the inflammation of your varicose veins.
In addition to that, when you consume it every day you’ll improve your blood flow to fight heaviness and edema.
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g)
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel (15 g)
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- All you need to do is heat the cup of water and when it comes to a boil, add the aloe and honey.
- Mix well and drink this every day after your main meal.
4. Sleep with your legs elevated
You already know that to take care of your vascular health it’s important to move around and avoid leading a sedentary lifestyle.
Another way to improve your varicose veins is to keep your legs elevated as long as you can.
- When you’re sitting down, it’s a good idea to use a foot rest.
- Another good idea is to place a cushion under your legs while you sleep. All you need to do is keep them elevated about 6 inches above your head.
Discover 4 yoga poses to reduce back pain
5. Say “yes” to a diet that’s high in fiberTo promote good circulation in your body and legs, you need to make a few changes to your diet.
- A diet that’s rich in fiber, fruits, vegetables, and grains is essential for taking care of your vascular health.
- And don’t forget something else very important: minimize your consumption of salt to retain fewer fluids.
We suggest that you start today by adding the following foods to your diet:
- Seeds (chia, sunflower)
- Cereals (oats, buckwheat, rye bread)
- Whole wheat pasta
- Vegetables (asparagus, squash, beets, artichokes, broccoli)
- Nuts (pistachios, walnuts)
- Fruits (apples, papaya, pineapple, strawberries)
To conclude, if you have phlebitis or very inflamed varicose veins already, the only solution is surgery. But these tips can help you no matter what.
Follow them and enjoy better vascular health.