Do you want to subtract 500 calories from your everyday diet, but don’t know how without going hungry?
Check out these recommendations today. They’ll will allow you to do just that and replace those unhealthy foods.
By now you know that if you want to lose weight and have a firm body, you’ll have to learn not to eat certain foods and reduce your portion size.
If you follow these tips, you’ll find that you can significantly reduce the number of calories you consume in a day without hardly expending any effort – and without going hungry or winding up in a bad mood.
Let’s take a look at what you can cut out to eliminate unnecessary calories.
1. Ice creamIs ice cream a treat you wouldn’t be willing to give up? Just replace your chocolate ice cream with ice cream made from fruit.
With just this tiny switch, you’ll go from 227 calories for a two-scoop serving to 132, as well as reducing the amount of fat.
Do you want to know more? See: How to make healthy ice cream
If you like cupcakes and muffin, and always find yourself choosing chocolate, pay attention – if you switch to ginger flavor, you might like it even more.
While the chocolate options typically contain 535 calories per serving, ginger muffins only contain 230.
- Remember that chocolate is very high in calories, so when you’re body is telling you it wants something sweet, try this ginger alternative.
3. TunaReducing the calories you eat is a lot easier than you might think. Plus, it can be as simple as replacing your canned tuna in sunflower oil with tuna in water.
This simple trick will result in your can of tuna containing only 96 calories instead of 190.
In addition, you won’t lose any of the properties and benefits from tuna. While there is less fat, you’ll still have plenty of vitamins (A, B12, D, and E), amino acids, and minerals (iodine, potassium, iron, and phosphorus).
If you sometimes like to give yourself a little treat and have a snack, remember that popcorn – for example – has fewer calories than nuts.
- 100 grams of mixed nuts contain more than 600 calories, while the same amount of popcorn only has 375.
5. Fruit instead of cookiesCookies can typically help you last longer between your meals, but it’s not the best option you have at your disposal.
If you want to eat a snack, remember that cookies contain more sugar than your body really needs.
- It’s a better idea to choose fruit that will provide you with a good amount of vitamins and minerals, which you need throughout the day.
Visit this article: 5 smoothies to quickly detox
6. Oats instead of cereal
Oats can be the perfect substitute for your regular cereal. Remember that you can buy oatmeal made with fruit or nuts, and this is a much better option than the packaged cereal boxes.
Flavoring and sugar are added to those commercial cereals that make you want to eat more of them. When you consume so much, the caloric content of these two foods is quite different.
- Additionally, oats only have 184 calories per 100 grams, while packaged cereals have 375.
Believe it or not, choosing frozen potatoes – instead of fresh ones – will make you eat less.
While it’s true that frozen potatoes are missing that quality of freshness, you’ll feel satisfied for longer after you eat them.
- Why is that? Frozen potatoes have much healthier types of starches, which means you won’t wake up feeling hungry.
If you usually eat chips at home, try choosing the kind made from vegetables instead – you can even make them at home.
This is a much lower calorie option from the packaged tortilla and potato chips you can buy in the stores.
A single serving bag of chips might contain up to 500 calories for 100 grams, while vegetable chips only have 221 calories.
Without a doubt, these are all great ways to reduce calories that you should take into account!