Eliminate Skin Impurities with These Four Masks
Even if you always follow your beauty routine to the T, you'll need to regularly eliminate skin impurities. Discover four face masks that can help here!
The necessity derives from the fast accumulation of dirt and residue in the skin’s pores. The dirtiest zones you’ll find are the neck and face.
When everyday residue mixes with sweat, it becomes more noticeable and even more difficult to hide. The problem is that it also makes it harder to eliminate.
In order to make the job easier, we recommend that you exfoliate your skin every few days:
- If you have oily skin, aim to exfoliate twice a week.
- If you have dry skin, one exfoliation will suffice.
The face masks that we’ve included in our article to help you get rid of skin impurities will also help to soften and improve the texture of your dermis.
1. Oat, honey, and milk mask
This mask is perfect if you have sensitive skin and have searched high and low for an exfoliator that gently removes blemishes.
Milk and honey soften skin and make pores smaller while honey helps eliminate any kind of impurity.
- 1 tablespoon of natural oats (10 g)
- 5 drops of honey
- 1 tablespoon of fresh milk (10 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of water (10 ml)
- Mix the four ingredients until you form a homogeneous paste.
- Apply the mask onto clean skin, massaging it in with circular movements.
- After massaging it on your entire face, leave on for 10 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water and pat dry with a towel to close all the pores.
- Use the mask once a week.
We recommend that you read: 5 Ways to Clear Up Skin with Almonds
2. Chickpea flour and turmeric mask
Chickpeas aren’t only good for delicious meals. If you grind them into a fine powder, you’ll find that they’re capable of helping remove all skin impurities painlessly.
Turmeric helps to close pores and reduce inflammation. We recommend this mask for removing blemishes from your skin if it’s irritated or afflicted by acne.
- 2 tablespoons of chickpea flour (20 g)
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric (10 g)
- ¼ cup of water (62 ml)
- In a bowl or mortar, sift the chickpea flour and turmeric together.
- Add water and mix well until you form a paste.
- Spread the paste on your face and neck using a brush.
- Leave on for 20 minutes and wash off with clean water.
You can find chickpea flour in natural-product stores or in bigger supermarkets. If you can’t find it, you can always make it yourself in a food processor.
This mask is your best bet if you have oily skin. Try not to use it more than 3 times a week as you could end up making your skin produce more oil.
3. Lavender and sugar mask to help eliminate skin impurities
This mask is perfect for you if your skin is drier and can’t seem to stay hydrated for longer periods of time.
Lavender will help you fight your acne and its side-effects. At the same time, the sugar helps clean and soften your skin.
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar (10 g)
- 2 drops of water
- 4 drops of lavender oil
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small container.
- Using your fingertips, massage the mask in with circular movements. Avoid your eyes.
- Wash off with cold water and dry with a towel or a soft rag.
- If your skin is very dry, use an extra drop of lavender oil, spreading it on your entire face.
Also read: 7 Tips for Using Essential Oils in Your Home
4. Avocado and oats mask
If you’re looking for a mask that has a lovely texture and can help eliminate impurities from your skin, this one’s for you.
Avocado has become one of the most popular foods worldwide due to its flavor and texture. The fruit makes for a perfect ingredient in a mousse that works to thoroughly clean your skin.
Here are some of its most notable qualities:
- It’s rich in fatty acids that soften skin.
- Avocado contains biotin, which promotes healthy skin and revitalizes dead and scaly skin.
- It has vitamin A, which restructures damaged skin.
Oats help clean the skin and keep it clear.
- 1 tablespoon of powdered oats (10 g)
- ¼ mashed avocado
- In a bowl, mix the oats and avocado well.
- Apply on your clean face, using circular movements to massage the skin.
- Leave on for 15 minutes and then wash your face with only cold water, not soap, repeating the circular movements.
- Dry your skin with a cotton towel.
Note: Avoid this mask if you have oily skin as the oils from the avocado may aggravate your problem.
We recommend that you avoid using soap on your face after using this mask. Soaps contain ingredients that strip away the natural acids that are left behind by the avocado. You can wash your face as you normally would the next day.
With these four masks, you have great options to eliminate skin impurities. Try them all until you settle on the one that has the best texture and results for you.