Eliminate Foot Calluses with this Effective Remedy
Because this treatment doesn’t contain any chemicals, it’s very important to be consistent with the treatment in order to effectively eliminate foot calluses. You’ll also need to moisturize your feet and increase hygiene.
Calluses on the feet are an aesthetic problem that is caused by repeated friction, pressure or irritation.
They create a thick layer of skin, almost always on the soles of the feet or on the side of the big toe.
Most of the time they don’t pose any sort of health problem. But it’s important to pay attention to them because sometimes they can become cracked and infected.
Continually using high heels and also a lack of hydration are two of the primary causes of this condition. It has also been associated with diabetes, however, and circulatory problems in the front, lower part of the body.
A lot of people still prefer natural alternatives because they are less expensive and generally provide excellent results.
Although there are a lot of remedies out there, today we’d like to share with you one particular remedy, which you can prepare with ingredients that you have at home.
Take a look!
Onion treatment for eliminating calluses
Onions are naturally acidic vegetables that, because of their antibacterial and antioxidant properties, can serve as a treatment for calluses.
Although their strong smell may be slightly unpleasant to some people, they are monumental vegetables that are rich in nutrients.
They contain a good amount of vitamin C, potassium, manganese, and folic acid. These are beneficial to the body and to skin health.
In fact, they have long been used as a base for preparing several homemade aesthetic products, because their sulfuric substances support cellular regeneration and stop damage caused by free radicals.
The juice helps reduce age spots, acne scars, and it also reduces hard skin that forms on the feet, caused by wearing shoes and over-exertion.
The advantage it has over other products is that it reduces the presence of fungi and bacteria. This prevents the development of problems that require even more care.
These effects can then be strengthened by adding the properties in lemon and salt, two compounds which are great for exfoliating and removing built up dead skin.
How to prepare this remedy to eliminate calluses
It doesn’t take long to prepare this simple remedy to fight calluses. But you’ll have to do this several times for good results.
Because this is a natural product, you need to remember that the ingredients will take a little longer than chemical products to become effective.
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt (2 grams)
- 1 slice of onion
- Adhesive tape
- 1/4 c. vinegar (62 mL)
- Water (however much necessary)
- 1 pumice stone
What to do
- Cut a thick slice of onion and apply a bit of lemon juice and the half teaspoon of salt.
- Place on the affected areas and tape them down. Let set overnight.
- Wear socks to prevent leakage.
- The following day, pour the vinegar in a bowl with hot water and soak your feet for 20 minutes.
- Then scrub it with the pumice stone to remove the dead cells.
- Repeat treatment for one week.
- In order to prevent calluses from forming again, it’s good to take preventative measures.
- There should never be any reason that you try to remove your calluses by cutting them off. This increases the risk of infection.
- Avoid wearing high heels, and instead use flat, comfortable, well ventilated shoes.
- Use leather or other natural-material shoes.
- To prevent moisture and fungal proliferation, sprinkle a bit of corn starch inside your shoes.
- After a physically active work day, soak your feet in a container with water and a bit of sea salt.
- Don’t forget to use moisturizing cream every day or a bit of Vaseline.
- If your calluses get worse and don’t respond to any of these treatments, it’s best to see a doctor.
As you can see, there are very interesting ways to eliminate foot calluses that make your feet look bad.
Follow all of these recommendations and within a matter of days you’ll have healthier, more beautiful feet.