How to Eliminate Calluses on Your Feet
Would you like to discover how to eliminate calluses naturally?
Callouses are common on most people’s feet. Generally, they’re due to wearing inappropriate foot wear.
The truth is that calluses are formed to protect the feet from injury, which is why the appear in areas that are under a lot of friction.
If you don’t eliminate calluses in time, they could cause you pain ans and they could even bleed, leading to the risk of infection.
Diabetics have an extreme need to follow correct foot care, because any wound caused by an injured callous could lead to a dangerous infection.
Keep in mind that with diabetes, poor circulation in the extremities makes it more difficult to heal woulds, making Diabetics susceptible and vulnerable. That’s why if you have Diabetes, don’t overlook any injury that appears on your feet.
In this article, we’ll give you some advice that can help prevent or reduce the calluses on your feet, as well as natural remedies that can help eliminate calluses.
Advice to Eliminate Calluses
- Don’t wear high-heeled shoes, or anything that’s uncomfortable, for too long. Most importantly, don’t walk long distances in uncomfortable shoes. Always have some sort of comfortable shoe on hand in case you need to take an unforeseen walk.
- Moisturize your feet. The moisturizing creams you use should be specifically made for that area. You can find a wide variety of brands and prices at the store. Body creams to not cover the skin requirements for the feet.
- In addition, every 1 or 2 weeks, submerge your feet in warm water, and use a pumice stone to soften the callouses.
- We don’t recommend using anything to cut your callouses. This is because the area underneath is very delicate, and you could cause wounds or infections that will only make the pain and discomfort worse.
If you have very prominent callouses that cause discomfort, it’s best to see a podiatrist who can help remove them without risk of greater injury.
- Avoid using thick-seamed socks that increase friction in specific areas. It’s best to wear soft socks, preferably made from cotton. Cotton socks will also prevent your feet from staying moist, and therefore prevent the appearance of fungus.
- Wear protective cushions if you need to. Protective cushions are useful to prevent your shoes from rubbing specific areas on your feet.
Home Remedies to Eliminate Calluses
Baking Soda Foot Bath
- First, soak your feet for at least 10 minutes in warm water.
- Remove your feet from the water and then place a mixture of one tablespoon baking soda plus a bit of water, on the callouses.
- Gently massage the area, and then use a pumice stone on it.
A Chamomile Cleanse
- Make an infusion out of four tablespoons of chamomile in one liter (a half gallon) of water.
- Moisten your feet with the infusion.
The chamomile will help alleviate any discomfort and will soften hard skin.
You might like:
A Lime Bandage
- Cut a slice of lime and place it over the calloused area.
- Attach the lime slice with some sort of bandage and let it sit all night.
Keep in mind all of these great and easy natural remedies to eliminate calluses naturally!It might interest you...