Eating a Good Breakfast Adds 5 Years to Your Life
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day since you spend hours without food as you sleep, and low energy makes it impossible to face the day without that necessary “boost”. If you want to really be able to complete all your daily tasks, you need to make sure you eat the right foods, starting with a nutritious breakfast. Keep reading to find out why eating a good breakfast can improve your overall health and quality of life.
Studies have shown that a healthy breakfast is vital for your general health since you can supply the body with foods containing nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that you need to keep all of your body’s organs functioning as they should.
How should you eat breakfast?
- A good breakfast should include either low-fat or fat-free lactate products, which can take care of the calcium you need for the entire day; calcium helps strengthen your bones and keep them healthy. For anyone who can’t drink milk, you can drink soy milk as a substitute, which also has many essential proteins.
- You also always include fruits in your breakfast, either in the form of the fruit itself or juice. They provide the fiber you need.
- Cereals are also excellent to eat at breakfast time, not only because there is a wide selection for all tastes, but also because they supply you with carbohydrates that are a great energy source for your body. You can eat cereal with milk or yogurt. You can also find it in many shapes and sizes and can eat grain breads or crackers.
- You can eat some sausage since it is a great source of protein for the body, but only every once in a while since they tend to be very fatty which is not very good for your health.
- Eggs are good because they can be prepared in many different ways and are an excellent source of protein that keeps your body functioning as it should.
Keep in mind…
If you are overweight and decide to cut out breakfast to lose a few pounds, you are making a big mistake since this won’t have the effect you hope for. In fact, the body makes more fat to get the energy it needs to carry out its functions as normal, which means it isn’t very good to stop eating a good breakfast to lose weight. You can substitute cinnamon rolls for fruits and whole grains, leave all the extra sugar out of your juice, and drink skim milk. You can also eat turkey or ham in place of regular sausage.
Remember that eating a balanced and healthy breakfast can add years to your life… That is truly incredible!