Protein is one of the most important parts of any eating plan. That’s why it’s very important to eat more protein. After all, it’s one of your body’s primary energy sources and also plays an important role in multiple systems of your body.
It’s actually an essential building block of a healthy metabolism and also participates in the formation of muscle mass.
Eating more protein will help you feel full longer, which is a good way to lose weight without being hungry all the time.
It also plays a starring role in the beauty realm, helping keep your hair and skin healthy.
The best thing of all is that you can find it in many different kinds of food, so it’s easy to incorporate it into your regular diet.
Below, we’ll give you 7 interesting options.
1. Parmesan cheese
Parmesan cheese is a significant source of high-quality protein that will increase your energy levels and keep you feeling satisfied.
- There are 38 grams of protein per 100 grams. That’s why this cheese is a great option to meet your body’s daily requirements.
- However, don’t forget that it also contains fat, so eat it in moderation.
“Read this article, too: Try These 5 Healthy, High-Protein Foods for Breakfast for an Energy-Filled Day”
2. Dry cured ham
Dry cured ham is another way to get in some protein, though it should be eaten in moderation.
- It contains 21 grams of protein per 100 grams and is lower in fat than other deli meats.
Tuna is both delicious and nutritious, packing quite a protein punch for relatively few calories.
- There are 21.5 grams of protein per 100 grams of tuna, in addition to the omega 3 fatty acids and minerals.
- Adding it to your diet at least twice a week will help control your appetite and support good heart and muscle health.
4. Chicken breast
Chicken breast is a lean meat that can be a great addition to your regular diet.
- It is low in calories and provides 22 grams of protein per 100 grams.
- While you can get protein from any kind of chicken meat, the breast is especially recommended because it has less fat.
Since soy is low in calories and high in nutrients, it’s a highly recommended food if you are trying to lose weight.
- It contains more protein than any other legume, with 30 grams of protein per 100 grams.
- That said, it should be eaten in moderation and under the supervision of a nutritionist since it has been associated with thyroid problems.
“Check this article out: The Most Common Mistakes in a Weight Loss Diet”
Almonds and other kinds of nuts are a great choice for controlling cravings.
- They contain 20 grams of protein per 100 grams and are also a significant source of omega 3 fatty acids as well as antioxidants.
- They can be eaten every day, as long as the serving sizes are moderate.
- In fact, they are great as a snack for anyone who wants to safely drop some pounds.
There are now all kinds of gelatin on the market. It’s not only a budget-friendly option; it also provides your body with high amounts of essential nutrients.
- Each 100 grams provides 84 grams of protein along with large amounts of vitamins and minerals.
- Because of how much protein it contains, it is found in supplements, too.
- The best part is that it doesn’t contain very many calories and it helps keep your muscles and joints strong.
- Gelatin can even be used topically to make hair or skin masks.
How often do you eat the foods we mentioned above? Protein is very important in your diet, so try to eat more of it and be sure to balance the protein out with other food groups and nutrients.