Eat Eggplant to Lose Weight & Improve Digestion
In addition to helping you feel more satisfied when you eat, eggplant promotes detox and the removal of excess fluid from the body. If you want to lose water weight, eggplant is the perfect choice.
Did you know that eggplant is one of the most medicinal foods you can add to your diet? It’s incredibly rich in phytonutrients, which help protect your cells from the effects of free radicals.
We love eggplant here at Step to Health. There are countless different ways you can prepare it in the kitchen, and you can even use eggplant to lose weight by drinking eggplant water as a diuretic supplement. It also improves your digestion.
You could say that eggplant is one of the healthiest vegetables you can find, and if it’s not already, it should become a regular staple in your diet.
So how about it? Are you already eating eggplant? If not, we’ll give you some great reasons to start. Don’t miss out!
1. Eggplant: light and good for digestion
Experts in nutrition report that eggplant is one of the lightest vegetables you can find. It contains no fat, but the fiber and water content is very high, which means that it’s perfect for people who are trying to lose weight.
Another great thing about eating eggplant to lose weight is that it helps prevent fluid retention. It contains high levels of potassium, a mineral that as you already know helps maintain the body’s pH balance – including your fluid levels.
See also: The best fruits for digestion
2. It protects your heartEggplant contains very high levels of antioxidants. That’s why it’s usually recommended for patients who have heart disease or related cardiovascular problems. This vegetable is “anti-angiogenic!”
And what exactly does that mean? Angiogenesis is the process that promotes the growth of new blood vessels. That means that while we all run the risk of developing tumors or heart disease, eggplant can help protect you from that process.
Additionally, high amounts of copper, folic acid, magnesium, and flavonoids protect your body’s cells from harmful bacteria, and eggplant also helps reduce your levels of bad cholesterol, or LDL.
And don’t forget that the combination of calcium, magnesium, and potassium helps strengthen your heart muscle, promoting stronger heartbeats.
3. Eggplant is good for digestion
- Eggplant has a high water content while being low in carbohydrates, fat, and protein. It’s easy to digest, letting your intestines absorb all its nutrients easily.
- There are no sugars in eggplant, and while it also doesn’t contain a lot of vitamins the main benefits here are eggplant’s mineral content and ability to balance your pH.
- Did you know that eggplant is made up of up to 55% basic minerals? They help rid your body of toxins and promote optimal organ function.
- Eggplant also strengthens your liver, stimulates the production of bile, and reduces levels of uric acid if they’re too high.
How could you say no to these incredible benefits?
Want to read more? Foods that fight uric acid
Recipe: lemon and eggplant to lose weightNow that you know more about the beneficial properties of eggplant, we’ll tell you how to prepare this healthy vegetable to promote the removal of retained fluids.
A caveat: this recipe should only be considered as a supplement to a healthy, low-fat diet. Only then will this recipe for eggplant water and lemon help improve your digestion. It’s worth trying on a daily basis!
- 1 medium sized eggplant, preferably organic
- The juice from 1 lemon
- 1 liter of water
- 1 large glass jar
- Wash the eggplant very well. If you want to be sure you remove any toxic substances you can rinse it in a little apple cider vinegar or some water with baking soda. This is a great way to get rid of pesticides used during the growing process.
- Now you should slice your eggplant. You want slices to be about a half inch thick, and leave the skin on.
- Now you’re ready to cook it in a liter of water. When it takes on a soft texture, remove the pot from heat and reserve the water in a jar.
- Add another half liter of water and the lemon juice. Shake the mixture well and store in the refrigerator.
- Instead of cooking the eggplant, some people prefer to leave the slices sitting in water overnight to obtain all the benefits. You can choose whichever method suits you best.
How should you use it?
- Drink this mixture with eggplant to lose weight throughout the day, prior to your meals. This helps promote a feeling of fullness, while helping you digest your food better and eliminate fat.
- You can try this remedy two to three times a week. When you combine it with a low fat diet that includes lots of fresh vegetables and fruits, you’re sure to see results.
As always when dieting, try to choose the healthiest foods, and fill your plate with the best vegetables that nature can provide. As far as eggplant is concerned, it’s one of your best options.