Eating Eggplant May Help You Lose Weight and Improve Digestion
In addition to helping you feel more satisfied when you eat, eggplant may promote detox and the removal of excess fluid from the body. If you want to lose water weight, eggplant may be the perfect choice!
Did you know that eggplant is one of the most medicinal foods you can add to your diet? It’s incredibly rich in phytonutrients, which may help protect your cells from the effects of free radicals. There are many ways to prepare it and eating eggplant may even help you lose weight.
Eggplant may also improve your digestion. You could say that eggplant is one of the healthiest vegetables you can find, and if it’s not already, it should become a regular staple in your diet.
So how about it? Are you already eating eggplant? If not, we’ll give you some great reasons to start!
1. Eggplant and fluid retention
Nutrition experts report that eggplant is one of the lightest vegetables you can find. It contains no fat, but its fiber and water contents are very high, which means that it’s perfect for people who are trying to lose weight.
Another great thing about eating eggplant to lose weight is that it may help reduce your risk of fluid retention. It contains high levels of potassium, a mineral that as you already know helps maintain the body’s pH balance.
See also: The Best Fruits for Digestion
2. It may help protect your heart
Angiogenesis is the process that promotes the growth of new blood vessels. While we all run the risk of developing tumors or heart disease, eggplant may help protect you from that process.
Additionally, its high amounts of copper, folic acid, magnesium, and flavonoids may help protect your body’s cells from harmful bacteria. Eggplant may also help reduce your levels of bad cholesterol or LDL.
And don’t forget that the combination of calcium, magnesium, and potassium may help strengthen your heart, promoting stronger heartbeats.
3. Eggplant may be good for digestion
- Eggplant has a high water content. It’s also low in carbohydrates, fat, and protein. It’s easy to digest and it lets your intestines absorb all its nutrients easily.
- There are no sugars in eggplant. While it also doesn’t contain a lot of vitamins, the main benefits here are eggplant’s mineral content and ability to balance your pH.
- Did you know that eggplant is made up of up to 55% basic minerals? These may help rid your body of toxins and promote optimal organ function.
- Eggplant may also strengthen your liver, stimulate the production of bile, and reduce high uric acid levels.
Lemon and eggplant recipe that may help you lose weightNow that you know more about the beneficial properties of eggplant, we’ll tell you how to prepare this healthy vegetable to help promote the removal of retained fluids.
This recipe should only be considered a complement to a healthy, low-fat diet. It’s worth trying it out on a daily basis!
- 1 medium-sized eggplant, preferably organic
- The juice from 1 lemon
- 1 liter of water
- 1 large glass jug
- Wash the eggplant very well. If you want to be sure you remove any toxic substances, you can rinse it in a little apple cider vinegar or some water with baking soda. This is a great way to get rid of pesticides used during the growing process.
- Now slice your eggplant. The slices should be a half inch thick and remember to leave the skin on.
- Cook it in a liter of water. When it takes on a soft texture, remove the pot from the heat and reserve the water in a jug.
- Add another half-liter of water and the lemon juice. Shake the mixture well and store in the refrigerator.
- Instead of cooking the eggplant, some people prefer to leave the slices sitting in water overnight to obtain all the benefits. You can choose whichever method suits you best.
How to drink
- Drink this mixture with eggplant throughout the day, prior to your meals. This may help promote a feeling of fullness while helping you digest your food better and eliminate fat.
- You can try this remedy two to three times a week. It’s even better if you combine it with a low-fat diet that includes lots of fresh vegetables and fruits.
As always when dieting, try to choose the healthiest foods and fill your plate with the best vegetables that nature can provide. As far as eggplant is concerned, it’s a great option!