Two Easy Recipes to Make Noodle Soup
Noodle soup is a traditional recipe made from the combination of fat noodles and fish. The typical Andalusian recipe has become popular in many regions, especially among fish lovers. Would you like to learn how to make it at home?
If you’re looking for a different recipe to surprise your guests, then continue reading to learn how to make this delicious dish. In this version, we propose that you use squid and fish fillets. However, you can also use other ingredients such as parsnip, clams, shrimp, etc. Let’s get to it!
Steps for making noodle soup
We’d like to highlight fish and shellfish as the main ingredients of this noodle soup. According to information from a study published in the Global Journal of Health Science, these types of food contain nutrients such as n-3-polyunsaturated fatty acids. Also, proteins, vitamins, minerals, and fiber as these are directly connected to wellbeing and disease prevention.
Similarly, it contains many vegetables and these are a high source of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other bioactive compounds that promote well-being, as compiled by research published in Advances in Nutrition.
Well, knowing all of the above, let’s make some Malaga noodles, which are typical of southern Spain. So, let’s see if this recipe will entice you!
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1 bag of frozen calamari
- 1 or 2 fish fillets for the broth
- ⅔ c. of green peas
- 1 tsp. of sweet paprika
- 4 c. of fish broth
- ¾ c. thick noodles
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ c. of olive oil (100 ml)
Also learn how How to Make Creamy Pea and Bacon Soup
- Firstly, finely dice the onion, peppers, and garlic. Stir fry these ingredients with olive oil in a saucepan.
- Secondly, add the (previously diced) tomato and stir constantly once these ingredients are cooked. Stir fry for about 10 more minutes or until all the ingredients are completely cooked.
- Meanwhile, bring salted water to a boil in another saucepan
- Then, clean, skin, and fillet the fish if necessary: the fish needs to be completely clean and free of bones before you put it into the soup. If you so desire, you can also add the fish skin and bones to the broth to give it more flavor.
- Next, add the paprika to the stir fry and stir well. Immediately after, add the hot water to said stir fry. If you added the fish bones and/or to the water before, you’ll need to strain the water before incorporating it into the stir fry. You can’t add bones or skin to the finished soup product.
- Finally, this the time to add in the fish, frozen peas, and noodles. Then, simply let it boil for 8 to 10 minutes more, or until the noodles are perfectly cooked.
You might want to try this Tlalpeno Soup Recipe
For this next recipe, we’re going to make a traditional noodle soup. This is a super easy recipe to follow, and will only take 30 minutes to prepare. In addition, you can use lean pork instead of fish. So, pork is a good option is you’re allergic to shellfish. Enjoy it!
- 2 ½ c. of pasta
- 1 c. of pork loin
- 4 tbsp. of fried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. of stir-fried onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- Garlic and parsley
- 1 tbsp. of oil
- Firstly, brown the meat on both sides with some olive oil in a saucepan
- Then, add the onion and finely diced bell pepper and stir fry all the ingredients. Stir constantly so it doesn’t burn.
- Next, to finish with the stir fry, incorporate the fried tomato and lightly fry the ingredients for about a minute
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, boil some water with salt and the bones from the meat. Once it’s been boiling for 10 minutes, add this broth to the stir fry. Proceed to add the garlic and the parsley.
- Now, turn up the flame and add the pasta. Let it boil for a few more minutes.
- Finally, turn down the heat to the lowest setting when it boils and let it cook for 10 to 15 minutes more
Have you made any of these recipes at home? As you can see, they’re very easy to make and have many nutritious ingredients. It’s a great option to complement your main meals, without a doubt.It might interest you...