Easy-to-Make Natural Homemade Yogurt
Making your own yogurt at home is the healthiest way to do it without worrying about harmful additives. Learn how in this article!
If there’s one thing that your intestinal flora loves, it’s yogurt. That smooth, fresh texture that tastes great also gives your body all kinds of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. But why should you settle for buying it at the store when you can make your own natural homemade yogurt?
They say if you want things done right, you have to do it yourself. Do you want your own inexpensive, easy-to-make, homemade yogurt? If so, then you should make it yourself!
Yogurt is nothing more than fermented milk. In other words, it’s made of millions of bacteria that get turned into lactic acid.
If you prepare it at home, you get to control what goes into it, especially sugar and preservatives. The idea is for it to be healthy and give peace of mind that you’re not consuming additives.
Commercial yogurts are filled with artificial colors and flavors that may seem appealing, but do you known how real is it?
There’s nothing like mixing that creaminess with fruit and watching the colors mix. But don’t worry! If you’re not exactly a chef, it’s OK. We have a super simple recipe that you can follow.
It can be made in three easy steps: pour the ingredients in a container, mix them, and wait. It practically makes itself!
- 2 liters of whole milk (approximately 2 quarts)
- 1/2 cup of natural sugar-free yogurt (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (10 g)
- Pour the milk into a pot and heat. Don’t let it boil, because that will change the flavor of the yogurt. Keep it at 200 degrees for 10 minutes to pasteurize it.
- Just before it reaches a boil, remove from heat and let it cool down. Use a thermometer to check if it’s about 100 degrees. If you don’t have a thermometer, stick your pinky finger into the milk. If you can count to 20 seconds without burning yourself, it’s there!
- Add the sugar and stir.
- Next, add the yogurt and beat well until everything is completely incorporated.
- Pour into a mold and cover with aluminum foil, then wrap it all up in a kitchen towel.
- Let the mold sit, covered, for 4 hours for it to ferment.
- Uncover and drain the liquid, and then beat the mixture with a spoon.
- Finally, transfer it to a container with a lid and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- When you wake up, your yogurt will be ready!
Read this article too:
- The yogurt and milk should be fresh.
- When you add the yogurt, the milk shouldn’t be cold, because the bacteria need to heat, but it also shouldn’t be too hot because that would kill the bacteria.
- Don’t interrupt the process for any reason once it’s covered.
The benefits of natural homemade yogurt
- Natural homemade yogurt contains nutrients such as potassium, vitamin A, phosphorus, and calcium.
- It provides high levels of protein and probiotics.
- In addition, it doesn’t contain additives, conservatives or artificial flavorings.
- Due to it being a great source of calcium, it prevents osteoporosis.
- It improves your digestion and speeds up your metabolism.
- Natural yogurt strengthens your immune system.
- It cleans your gut flora and lets it absorb nutrients better.
- Plus, it even prevents anemia.
- It reduces cholesterol in your blood, thus lowering your risk of cardiovascular problems.
- Because it goes through the fermentation process, the milk is also fermented, which makes it good for lactose-intolerant people.
- It helps with gastritis and constipation.
- It prevents diarrhea, gas, and stomach cramps.
- Natural homemade yogurt is good for your skin. It helps get rid of toxins and is even good as a face mask because it nourishes, repairs, and disinfects your skin.
Check out this article too:
- The probiotics balance your lymphocytes and keep your intestines balanced. This is in addition to regulating your production of cytokines, which is in charge of controlling the functioning of your cells. This helps with allergies, especially in the summer.
- It helps you lose weight.
- Vaginal infections? Thanks to the lactobacillus produced by the fermentation of the yogurt, it keeps bacteria from multiplying in the case of a fungal infection.
- Yogurt is great after exercising, since the high amounts of protein and carbohydrates in it help repair your muscles and liberate the accumulated energy.
- Smile! The lactic acid is in charge of keeping your gums healthy. Since it’s natural yogurt, you don’t have to worry about cavities.
Do you need more reasons to make your own yogurt? Try it today!