3 Easy Braid Hairstyles for Any Occassion
The only thing you need for these hairstyles are your hands, a hair-tie, and some hairpins.
When we watch a TV show or a movie, some of us women ask ourselves: how do actresses do their hair so nicely?
What’s most impressive are those looks that seem messily put together, but are actually quite intricate. And, braid hairstyles often look so intricate.
They leave a lot of us in awe, but also at odds with how to switch up our look. However, it’s much easier than it looks. We just need to know one trick in order to nail those original and stunning looks.
To help you find that personal touch, we’ve decided to show you some easy braid hairstyles. They’re very stylish and look great with any style, want to give them a try?
Don’t worry about the tools, the only thing you’ll need are your hands, a hair-tie. and some hairpins. You don’t need any special or expensive equipment, only patience and the will to learn.
3 easy braid hairstyles
1. Fishtail braid hairstyle
Fishtails have a whimsical look, so much so that the heroines of the Game of Thrones sport it themselves. But, don’t be scared to try it! It’s very simple to do. You only need to follow these easy steps.
- First, divide your hair into two sections.
- Then, take one strand of hair from the right side and cross it over to the left (joining the stand of hair to the rest of the hair on that side).
- Repeat the same process bringing a small strand of hair from the left side to the right section.
- Continue doing this until you reach the end of your hair and cannot braid anymore.
- Lastly, tie it at the end of the braid with a hair-tie.
You can loosen it up a little by pulling gently on both sides of the fishtail braid. How loose you want your braid to be depends on how casual you want your hairstyle to be.
The more you get the hang of it, the more freedom you’ll have to play around with your braid.
2. Braided crown hairstyle
If you like the hippie or hipster look, this is a good option for you. It’s also the perfect hairstyle for when you’re in a rush. You only need a few minutes to finish it. Want to know how to do a crown braid?
- Make two braids on both sides of your head.
- Make sure to leave a good portion of your hair unbraided in the back.
- After, wrap the braids around your head and connect them using hairpins
Remember that hairpins are a part of the hairstyle, so you can feel free to use them how you please.
You can give yourself different kinds of braided crowns by using the same technique for different styles. So, you can adopt this casual hairstyle for simpler outfits. It’s all a question of creativity!
Also see: 5 Coconut Oil Remedies for Healthy Hair
3. French braid hairstyle
The French braid is one of the most versatile and traditional braid hairstyles. So naturally, it’s perfect for those who want to add a little originality to a classic look, without being too forward.
- To start, begin at the top of your head, dividing your hair into three separate strands.
- Begin to braid your hair.
- As you work your way down the braid, you need to add in hair to each side. Only a little bit at a time.
- You only need to continue braiding until you reach the end of your hair.
If you want to be a little more innovative, you can do the same thing but to one side. Thicker braids work better for French braids. Additionally, they’re a good option for special occasions.
How to prepare your hair before braiding
One of the most frequently asked questions for braiding is: how should hair be in order to do braid hairstyles? There’s no doubt that straight and dry hair is the easiest to braid. However, not all of us have straight hair.
Keep in mind that we’re aiming to style our hair in the easiest way possible. So, if you have curly hair, you should towel dry your hair and then braid it immediately after for successful braiding.
However, people with wavy hair tend to run into the most problems when braiding. If it’s your case, it’s a good idea to let your hair dry a little, not completely wet nor dry.
When it’s in this stage, it’ll be much easier to work with your hair as much as you please. We promise that it’ll work out.
Physical appearance is very important. We shouldn’t only take care of it just for work or for others, but rather, for ourselves. Pampering ourselves and being happy with how we look is the first step towards sound mental and physical health. Self-esteem and a positive attitude are fundamental to both of them.