Drinks That Aggravate Your Stomach the Most
The most aggressive drinks for your stomach are those that damage the mucosa of the stomach wall, or those that increase acidity. Excessive consumption can lead to serious health problems, so we’ll discuss them in more detail below.
The stomach is an organ essential in the digestion of food and beverages. Here they are absorbed and in the intestine they are metabolized. This is going to depend on the type of food you eat and the way you consume it.
If you don’t maintain good eating habits and indulge in excesses and the consumption of harmful substances, such as alcohol and tobacco, you’ll be putting your health at risk in many ways.
Energy and alcoholic beverages are the worst choices for your stomach, but especially the mixture of these two. Let’s see why.
Alcohol is considered the harshest drink for the stomach and other vital organs. Because of its high level of toxicity, it should only be consumed in small quantities and occasionally. However, it’d be best not to consume it at all.
It not only creates consequences at the gastric level. It also affects the liver, the intestine, the heart, and other other organs. Alcohol produces harmful effects shortly after being consumed.
Remember that, because f the composition of alcohol, it isn’t considered nutritious. In addition, it’s high in calories. These drinks have diuretic effects and if large quantities are consumed, they can cause dehydration. These are the reasons, among others, that they produce hangovers.
Any alcoholic has the potential to be damaging to the body. Even more so, if the drinks contain a high percentage of alcohol and you mix them with commercialized drinks.
The huge quantity of sugar contained in these drinks increase the caloric levels for the body. In the long run these are harmful to the health.
Alcoholic drinks that are harmful to the stomach
- Grain alcohol: one of the least recommended drinks. This is due to the distillation process of some type of grain alcohol, especially those with a fruit base and high concentration of sugar. Also, those that have a high percentage of alcohol, such as 50% are harmful.
- Amaretto sour: the combination of flavors could contain as many as 300 calories. This comes from the diverse commercial ingredients that are added. It can be as much as 57 grams of sugar for each drink.
- Anise or digestive liquor: another of the most harmful drinks for the stomach. It gets its name from the plant of its origin and has a high percentage of alcohol. Also, remember that it’s the basis for other liquors. In some countries people use them as an aid for digesting food. This explains its consumption worldwide. It is high in calories, at between 295 and 300 calories.
Cocktails, rum and vodka
- Cocktails have a lot of calories. They can be made with rum, tequila, gin, vodka, etc. People also mix them with fizzy cola drinks. This combination increases, even more their high concentration of alcohol and calories.
- Rum: this alcohol is from sugar cane and has a high concentration of sugar. The calorie content is about 244. It is a liquor that possesses a high alcohol content, and people generally use it as a base for preparation of mixed drinks like mojitos.
- Vodka: at the top of the list of favorite drinks to mix with energy drinks. It has the highest calorie content, approximately, 300 calories with an alcohol content of 42 percent. Vodka is one of the most potent liquors.
2. Drinks that are stimulants
You should be moderate about our intake of drinks such as coffee, tea, or carbonated drinks since they have harmful effects on our stomach. One of the consequences of having a lot of these drinks habitually is abdominal distention and damage to the gastric lining. Because of all of this, gastric ulcers and insomnia may result from over indulgence in these types of drinks.
Try these Eight Natural Remedies for Canker Sores
3. Mixing energy drinks with alcohol
Mixing energy drinks with alcohol is especially damaging to our body. Its consumption brings with it a series of gastric and metabolic problems, as well as a change in sleep patterns. Also, it can cause dehydration due to an elevated amount of alcohol and calories.
Among other consequences, are alcohol poisoning and in extreme cases, comas. These mixed drinks of alcohol and stimulant drinks cause grave consequences.It might interest you...