Do You Need to Raise Your Platelet Count? These 4 Remedies Can Help
Diseases such as Dengue, Zika, anemia, cirrhosis and HIV cause blood platelet levels to reduce. Therefore, if you have any one of these conditions, you should take special care to raise your platelet count. By maintaining a stable level, your immune system will be stronger and your symptoms will improve.
1. Coconut water
Coconut water is a delicious and wonderful drink for raising your blood platelet count. It contains vitamins A, B and C. Coconut water also has minerals (calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphate and iron) that are beneficial for your health.
- Take a large coconut and extract its liquid. If you prefer, refrigerate it for a few hours and drink it cold.
- Coconut water goes bad fast, so drink it as fresh as possible.
Avoid buying bottled or processed coconut water because they contain conservatives that cancel out the fruit’s health benefits.
Read this article too: 8 Awesome Benefits of Coconut Water
2. Guava and red bell pepper juice
Guava contains a high vitamin A and C content in addition to being packed of folic acid, which makes it a powerful antioxidant. Red bell pepper or red chili peppers contain loads of vitamin C, potassium, folic acid, iron and other elements that can help recover platelet levels.
Mix both of them together to make a juice that’ll help you raise your platelet levels.
- Guavas (your preferred degree of ripeness)
- 1 red bell pepper or chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (15 g)
- 3 cups of mineral water (750 ml)
- Thoroughly wash the guavas and pepper. Dice the guavas. Remove the seeds from the pepper and dice.
- Move everything to the blender and blend with water and sugar. Strain and serve.
- You should drink three glasses every day.
3. Lentils, blackberry and milk beverage
Blackberries, lentils, and milk are also full of wonderful properties that increase your platelet count. Lentils contain iron, folic acid and diverse vitamins. Blackberries are rich in iron and vitamins C and K, which are great for raising platelet levels. Finally, milk contains loads of calcium and phosphate.
- 3 cups of water (750ml)
- 1 cups of lentils (200 g)
- Blackberries (add as much as your wish)
- 3 tablespoons of milk (45 ml)
- Heat up some water in a pot. Once the water reaches a boil, add the lentils and boil until they get soft. Once they are done, let them cool down.
- Wash the blackberries and move them to a blender along with the lentils. Add the water and 3 tablespoons of milk and blend everything together.
- If you’d like, you can also add some sugar. Pass the beverage through a sieve and enjoy.
- Drink 3 glasses a day to increase your platelet count.
Check out this article too: 3 Delicious Recipes with Lentils
4. Papaya leave infusion is also good for your blood platelet levels
Papaya leaves have a powerful curative ability. You can use them to make an infusion that’ll strengthen your immune system and help you raise your platelet count.
- Fresh papaya leaves (as many as you wish)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Honey or sugar (to preference)
- Wash the papaya leaves and put them in a pot filled with water and boil over medium-heat.
- Let them infuse with the water until the liquid reduces by half, then add any sugar or honey if you ‘d like.
- Let it cool down and consume 2 or 3 tablespoons of the infusion a day.
- Another way to prepare the infusion is by washing the leaves and crushing them with a motor and pestle. Mix a little bit of the paste with water in a strainer and after, drink the infusion.
Blood platelets have several functions in the body. They help stop wounds from bleeding, repair damaged blood vessels, increase blood’s fluidity and identify infectious agents. Blood platelets send stimuli to immune system cells that take immediately attack infectious agents.
If your blood platelet levels are lower than normal, don’t waste any time in changing your diet and trying out these 4 remedies. In just a few days, your levels will increase and you’ll feel stronger. Remember to get weekly checkups with your doctor, and take blood tests frequently to get your blood levels back to normal.It might interest you...