Do you know how to make tiramisu?
Making tiramisu isn’t hard at all. You need to have patience, but it’s so delicious that you’ll see it’s well worth the effort.
Tiramisu is a modern Italian dessert that has captivated foodies all over the world ever since it was invented in the 50’s. When you see the ingredients, it’s not hard to see why! So what are the ingredients? Just mascarpone cheese, coffee, liquor, and cocoa powder.
Of course, tiramisu can also be made with other types of cheese (as long as they’re fresh and have a creamy texture) and the base works with ladyfingers as well as other kinds of cookies. The important part is the black coffee: it needs to be quite strong for the dessert to have the right flavor.
Nutrition facts of tiramisu
Tiramisu obviously contains sugar, so it’s not good to eat too much of it. You could also replace the sugar with stevia or honey, but that’s up to you. As for the chocolate, it should always be dark chocolate (preferably with a high percentage of cacao in order for it to be healthier).
Before beginning, here are the nutrition facts of tiramisu so that you’re aware of how many calories you would be consuming per serving. If you’re on a diet, keep these numbers in mind and eat responsibly. One piece of tiramisu (147 grams) usually contains:
- 409 calories (25% of the daily recommended value)
- A significant amount of fat and carbohydrates
- 31.67 grams of fat
- 42.47 grams of carbohydrates
- 8.3 grams of protein
The following tiramisu can serve up to six people. If you have more diners, feel free to multiply the ingredients as needed.
- 4 eggs (240 g)
- 1/2 cup of sugar (100 g)
- 3/4 cup of coffee (180 ml)
- Cocoa powder (to taste)
- 4 cups of mascarpone cheese (400 g)
- 2 cups of grated dark chocolate (200 g)
- 1 large packet of ladyfingers (200 g)
We were serious before: it’s rather easy to make tiramisu. However, you do need some patience because it will take about an hour. It’s fun, though, and when you taste it you won’t mind how long it took.
- Make 180ml of strong coffee and then chill.
- Beat 2 egg whites until they form peaks. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat 4 egg yolks with the sugar until it has a foamy texture.
- Start gradually adding the mascarpone cheese, beating slowly until uniform.
- Add the egg whites from the first step and fold them in with a spatula.
- Make a layer of ladyfingers on the bottom of a rectangular dish and soak them with coffee.
- Cover with a layer of the mascarpone cream and sprinkle with half of the grated chocolate.
- Then add another layer of ladyfingers, soak them with coffee, and add another layer of mascarpone cream and grated chocolate.
- To finish, sprinkle the top with cocoa powder and chill for three hours in the refrigerator. Overnight is even better so that the flavors can mix.
Tips for a delicious tiramisu
Now you can see how easy it is to make tiramisu and how the hardest part is waiting for it to chill. When you taste it for the first time, you’ll probably notice that it doesn’t taste the same as the kind you buy at the bakery. That’s because at the bakery they usually make it with cream. This recipe is healthier, and since it’s homemade, it probably tastes even better.
A nice cup of coffee or tea goes great with tiramisu (but not black coffee). The little ones can enjoy it with citrus juice or just water. Those of age may like it with a medium-body red wine to really bring out the flavors.It might interest you...