If you frequently have nasal congestion, you probably know how annoying the feeling is.
Don’t miss out on these efficient ways to allow your nasal passages to open up in a question of minutes.
1.Massage between your eyebrows
Massaging the point between your eyebrows will help you find relief faster than you think.
You only have to massage lightly in this area for one minute, which will have an excellent effect on the mucous in the nose.
• With this simple massage, you’ll be able to prevent dryness and inflammation of the nostrils.
• All of this has a preventative effect. This also reduces the pressure in the frontal zone.
2. Massage the nostrils
Massaging the sides of your nostrils is another way to open up the nose rapidly.
• For this, you just have to lightly press your index finger on the nostril. You’ll be able to make circular movements on the outside of the nostrils for one or two minutes.
• This procedure will help you open your nose and it will be much easier to clear.
3. Massage the point between the lips and the nose
Massage your area that is between the lips and the nose.
• To do this, use your index and middle finger and use light pressure.
• Don’t forget to make circular movements on the sides of the nose for 1 or 2 minutes. This procedure will help you open the nostrils and it will be easier to blow your nose.
4. Humidify the environment
If the humidity in the air is less than 40%, the mucous of the nose will become dry and this will obstruct breathing. Therefore, if you have mucous, but the humidity is low, you can develop serious complications due to bacteria.
• Make your living area comfortable by taking into account that to have the humidity at a perfect point, it should be at between 40 and 60%.
5. Warm your nose
Wet a napkin or paper towel in water and heat it by putting it in the microwave or use warm water. Then, squeeze it out.
• Just make sure that it’s not too hot and at a comfortable temperature. Thanks to the heat, the mucous will become more liquid.
• Once that the nose has warmed up, blow it and rinse your nostrils with a saline solution.
6. Do you have allergies? This can be the solution!
If you have allergies, exercise may help you.
Be aware that when cardiac rhythm increases, so does body temperature. As a result, mucous becomes more liquid and it’s much easier to blow your nose.
• Doing 15 minutes of physical exercise will be enough to overcome sneezing and avoid allergies.
See this article: 8 natural remedies for seasonal allergies
7. Help yourself with steam from the shower
Steam from the shower can be your best ally to alleviate nasal congestion. Between the humidity and the hot temperature, you’ll be able to lower the inflammation. You’ll see that you can breathe better.
• For this, you just need to take a shower with hot water.
• Another option is to boil water and salt in a pot, breathe the vapors and cover your head with a towel.
• You may also purchase a vaporizer or humidifier to avoid a dry environment and improve breathing when you sleep.
6. With honey
Honey can help nasal congestion in an important way. Taking 2 tablespoons of honey regularly will be enough to treat a stuffed up nose if it tends to happen frequently.
The best way to take it is to dissolve it in a cup of warm water and drink before going to bed for best results.
7. Apple cider vinegar for nasal congestion
Another easy option that you have is apple cider vinegar. This substance can also help you to improve nasal congestion.
• 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
• 1 glass of water
Add the vinegar to the glass of warm water and drink this homemade solution 4 times a day.